Workplacement (1 Viewer)

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
I just finished mine. I had so much fun, i was waitressing at one of the best restaurants in our area for 5 days and finished today. It was so much fun!!! And they said that if i ever want a casual job in the holidays they'd be only too happy to have me back :)

Last year's was so crap tho, it was at Peppers Anchorage resort and the people were nice an all, its just i really didnt belong there. they had all their own routines and nothing for me to do. It really sucked. I did prep and all, but no-one really wanted to talk or anything.

But this one was so good veryone was happy but serious about their work too, so i learnt heaps from really nice people :D

chrissie_t

HSC
Looks like I'm a little late with my input, but hey. I'm going to have my say anyway.

Workplacement for me in Year 11 was horrible. The boss was a complete cow and I was given about 3 jobs at once and then told off when I hadn't completed them all in the time it would have taken to do only one. I was so glad when that week finsihed (not to mention my happiness when the place closed down).
My work placement this year was really good. All the girls were nice and the boss was really understanding and didn't push me with the talking to others aspect (I get incredibly shy at times). They even sponsered me for Relay for Life recently. So my two experiences were very different (still didn't change my mind when it comes to working in the industry though..ick)

babywhitto

omg workplacement what a killer!!! So bad... worst two week of my life. i went with a friend..but if i went alone i would have died! we gave the chefs code-names. so funny.
I went to Epping Club and Ribs and Rumps...good places. But Epping Club was the funniest coz the ppl there couldnt give a crap (cept for CBM (creepy bald man) who was soooo mean!!!) but epping was kinda gross there were little bugs everywhere.
and i cut myself in the first 30mins on the first day...but never again after that!

chrissie_t

HSC
babywhitto said:
and i cut myself in the first 30mins on the first day...but never again after that!
I can beat that...first 15 minutes (including being told my jobs for the week) ..doing such a simple task...cutting tomatoes, cut the hell outta my thumb *winces*

babywhitto

chrissie_t said:
I can beat that...first 15 minutes (including being told my jobs for the week) ..doing such a simple task...cutting tomatoes, cut the hell outta my thumb *winces*
haha how funny... i sliced a bit from my index finger...hurt like hell...i was cutting tomatoes too! little buggers they are.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
babywhitto said:
haha how funny... i sliced a bit from my index finger...hurt like hell...i was cutting tomatoes too! little buggers they are.
Actually, come to think of it, i cut my finger too...on my last day. All i can say is thank god for fingernails -- i think i cut about a millimeter or 2 off the top of my finger. Carrots.

chrissie_t

HSC
lourai*87 said:
Actually, come to think of it, i cut my finger too...on my last day. All i can say is thank god for fingernails -- i think i cut about a millimeter or 2 off the top of my finger. Carrots.

Carrots are my enemies. Work experience at the National Press CLub in canberra..i'd say i made curly lil garnish stuff out of about...100 or more carrots? My hands were sooo cold and sooo orange.

Nuttaiish

HSC
I have already finished my workplacement for this year and it was a total crap one too but it wasn't worse like my last year at Darling Harbour where people just gives you job and never really communicate with you.. they are so so cold but it was a really good place to work with too. It has a nice view and all.
Next term the year 11s is out on their workplacement, how much fun would that be. ^^

Kiim2507

HSC
I didn't mind work placement, but I'm glad it's over.
In year 11 I did it at Blackbird Cafe in Darling Harbour
It was really fun cos I did it with someone else and we just bludged at the back and listened to music

In Year 12 I did it at Coonanbarra Cafe in Wahroonga
It was alright...the people were really nice and stuff
But it was so tiring cos I worked 8-4 everyday and only took 20mins off for lunch
Other then that it was pretty fun
Alot of prep though....which I didn't actually mind

twiddle dee

HSC
i enjoyed both my workplacements! both were amazing!
the workplacement this year i got offered an apprenticeship and took it! bring on next year:karate:

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
im doing mine right now at lindfield.

yep,
thank God for fingernails.

i was using global knives, and they're sharp as ****.

ASHK

germaphobe.
HSC
i did my WP at livo catholic club, twas good. it was during spring carnival week, last year, so it was mega busy and we prepared all these really posh hoity toity food for the punters to eat.

but the mornings were slow, packing bread, making fruti salad etc.

HSC
ASHK said:
i did my WP at livo catholic club, twas good. it was during spring carnival week, last year, so it was mega busy and we prepared all these really posh hoity toity food for the punters to eat.

but the mornings were slow, packing bread, making fruti salad etc.
i'm doing my year 11 workplacement at livo catholic club too (in 2 weeks). Kinda nervous because i've heard bad reviews of the place. Did you have to cut up a gazillion cucumbers or something?

Gigacube

HSC
How long must the work placement be for?
Work placement must cover 70 hours in total which is split into 35 hours for one year and 35 hours for the next year.

Usually it's 5 days which means 7-8 hours a day.

Zai94

HSC
Has anyone done workplacement at lugarno seafood restaurant? going there in about 2 weeks...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)