• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Wines (1 Viewer)

karoooh

HSC
Do you think it's a good idea to buy wine and a box of chocolates for each of my teachers as a 'thanks for being there' etc. kind of gift?

My only problem atm is not knowing which one to buy for them. Should I go for it and buy the one that the mass population would like, or go and think of something else?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
1) Yes, if you can afford it all. :p If you can't afford it for each teacher, see 2.

2) Yes, buy them for the teachers who you feel have benefitted you significantly throughout your schooling, especially this year.

By the way, hi to you carol! :)

Lori.

HSC
I heard that teachers - and maybe this is only for public school teachers - aren't allowed to accept presents that are worth more than $50 (??) So maybe just get an average wine (or champagne?)

I'm going to give my teachers either flowers, chocolates or champagne - but after I got my results, so that I can write them on a card and send that together. I think thats a nice idea, no?

karoooh

HSC
^

Have never heard of the $50 thing. And iw as thinking about only getting your average wine/champagne cos I'm pretty broke atm. :eek:

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
get 'em a cask of goon and a block of cadbury chocolate each, they'd love that.

butch14589

HSC
karoooh said:
Do you think it's a good idea to buy wine and a box of chocolates for each of my teachers as a 'thanks for being there' etc. kind of gift?

My only problem atm is not knowing which one to buy for them. Should I go for it and buy the one that the mass population would like, or go and think of something else?
im thinkin of gettin em goon?

show em how i really feel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)