Will not doing 4U maths, physics and eco screw up my chances of 99+ atar? (1 Viewer)

LeonLunaLola

HSC
I'm currently in yr 11 and despite getting good maths grades throughout high school (90% at a top 5 selective school) I don't have much faith in myself to be able to achieve good marks for 4 unit maths next year.

My current plan for subjects next year (HSC) is:
- 3 unit maths (ext 1)
- 2 unit advanced english
- 2 unit chemistry
- 2 unit modern history
- 1 unit history extension

Am I really screwing up my chances of 99+ atar by not doing the subjects that scale well (4 unit maths/english, economics, physics)???

imagineee

HSC
I'm currently in yr 11 and despite getting good maths grades throughout high school (90% at a top 5 selective school) I don't have much faith in myself to be able to achieve good marks for 4 unit maths next year.

- 3 unit maths (ext 1)
- 2 unit chemistry
- 2 unit modern history

Am I really screwing up my chances of 99+ atar by not doing the subjects that scale well (4 unit maths/english, economics, physics)???
It'll be fine as long as you do well in the subjects you're taking.

aqwerty13402

HSC

- 3 unit maths (ext 1)
- 2 unit chemistry
- 2 unit modern history

You won't screw it up at all. You'll do more harm to your atar than good if you take 4U maths just for the sake of it and flop

rev668

HSC

- 3 unit maths (ext 1)
- 2 unit chemistry
- 2 unit modern history

id recommend picking some of those other subjects, I had a friend with the same subjects as you that got a 65.8 atar

Test-king12

Banned
HSC

- 3 unit maths (ext 1)
- 2 unit chemistry
- 2 unit modern history

you are kinda limited to a 90 atar......

axe

HSC

- 3 unit maths (ext 1)
- 2 unit chemistry
- 2 unit modern history

hey i mean... if you come first for all subjects and get state ranks , do not see why u would'not get a 99+ atar,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)