Why bother doing it (1 Viewer)

samuelblayden

Newcstle Knights 2006
HSC
information tec is so boring I learned all this in yr 6. The only great thing is I get to play games

Jacks

HSC
what you get is a piece of paper that proves you know what you know. It may be boring but a certificate II in IT is worth getting, something to put in your resume. If you can get this playing games than all the better for you...though somewhere down the track you may learn something you didn't already know.

HSC
Its a great course to do if you can't be fucked wasting 6 months after school doing certificate 2 at tafe, plus its done at school with you and your mates, and counts towards your HSC

Don't get cocky, the extended repsonses alot of people fall down which is why its hard to get band 6 in this subject, so don't worry about databases, excel spreadsheets etc... practise yourself on troubleshooting, or whatever the context of extended responses are

If you're in year 11 just do your competencies and you'll be fine, i got 4/77 in IT in my year, and I do nothing in class, mind you the people that beat me are In my new class, these people take notes in class and they beat me by 6%.

CrashOveride

HSC
77 ppl in ur class? wtf wud so many ppl do this?
is this at some tafe? western suburbs ?

BioHazard

Beep Boop
HSC
Its great, why? because it is so easy, you dont really need to do any work to go well. it counts toward the HSC. its a nice break between more difficult subjects.
And you get the piece of paper. Unfortunately knowing something doesnt count all the much at getting a job. its the bit of paper that counts.

HSC
CrashOveride said:
77 ppl in ur class? wtf wud so many ppl do this?
is this at some tafe? western suburbs ?
No, my school is ~1000 people, its year 11 and year 12 only, so about 413 in year 12 and the rest in year 11

Shaynie69

HSC
samuelblayden said:
information tec is so boring I learned all this in yr 6. The only great thing is I get to play games

i agree, im totally bored with it. but im stuck with it...oh well.

HSWAT3

HSC
worst subject ever.....didnt even count to my uai

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
oh well, give up 3 periods per week and by the end of the year you'll have a cert II. doesn't sound too bad, although i really cbf.

Sorcererbob

HSC
In the IT industry, as far as I am aware, Cert 3 is entry level...

Cert 2 is of the approximate value of used toilet paper. However, as Jacks stated, it shows whoever you want to show that you have some clue what is going on.

- Sorcerer

HSC
regardless, imagine you are an employer

Person A has certificate 3
Person B has certificate 2 and 3

what do you hire?

HSC
which is why its good to have both up your sleeve ;D i did IT for the rule of thumb that 'have one subject for the HSC you know you will destroy'

rithvikt

*Abeh-OI-*
HSC
IT is a gud subject..i dont know y people think it is not worth doing...i have learnt more things doing the IT hours and some pracs than ever b4...i must admit, sometimes the theory seems so easy and boring..but then again u dont see many people getting band 6's in their HSC... :rolleyes:

busterblues

04 Info Tech First in HSC
HSC
As far as Im concerned as a manager of an IT business and as an employer, offering home, small medium and large business IT services, I wouldnt look at anyone with just a Cert II. Cert III to me isnt a concrete certification to have in my eyes either. I would be more worried about Corporate Industry Certifications like CompTIA+, Microsoft, Cisco, Novell, Red Hat...these sorts of things are the things which really make me go "Wow this guy knows his stuff". Cause I have done a lot of those tests and I can tell you know some of them are anything but a walk in the park.

Im sorry but Cert II and Cert III in my eyes just does not compare to those certifications in any way. Cert II is your basic administration/office staff minimum understanding of IT as far as I am concerned and Cert III is the office know-it-all that is good in 20% of cases and then just doesnt know what he/she is doing after that.

Sorry but its the facts as most employers see it. Coming to the crunch though, If i had no applications suitable for the position and I was really despirate, I would go with anyone with Cert III certifications anyday. If they done Cert II or not before hand wouldnt worry me, I suppose it might show they have an interest in IT but it wouldnt make me sway towards that person necessarilly.

Hope that solves some of the issues for you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)