who got above 90 for their UAI here? (1 Viewer)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Yes... some teachers are like that... in which case, you are being disadvantaged. :p

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Listen to the Laz, he knows wtf he's going on about - don't you, James? :D

But don't start him on Physics talk *cringes* :argue:

Felix: I

damn i hate teachers like that in my school....
several people are pretty much guaranteed to get full marks in all english assessments. due to the fact that they'll argue the teachers into submission if they got anything less, so the teachers are scared of them now......

happens in other subjects too. people argue their way to higher marks....

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Its not necessarily arguing with my teachers that gets more people marks.
Its the fact that there 'known' as smart so whatever they hand in is already brilliant whether its complete crap or not & also some smart people have a really good personal relationship with the teachers.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
btw: personal, meant that they just generally get along with them really well and nothing else.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by DC10
I freakin hate tight marking teachers! :chainsaw: :mad:
thats alright if there consistantly tight, and not just bias, but if they are bias then chainsaw maybe useful

schwang_thang

Originally posted by jessika
Its not necessarily arguing with my teachers that gets more people marks.
Its the fact that there 'known' as smart so whatever they hand in is already brilliant whether its complete crap or not & also some smart people have a really good personal relationship with the teachers.
yeah we've got one of them fags at our school
hes completely obsessed with his footballers (league) n u can bet ur house on the chance that they'll get better marks than if they were being marked by another teacher

on the other hand he hates the school captain - he actually told him that...the cap is consistently ranked 1st in practically all his subjects, yet when the fag marks him, he's never been 1st b4. which is very suss.

super mod

Originally posted by natstar
Im a bit worried ok, cuz i read in some UAI info sheet i got sent in the mail by BOS is that just becuz you average in one band your UAI can be different. It said last year while students who averaged HSC marks in the 70's got UAI's in the 60's. I think I may of averaged in the 70's and mabey 1-2 in the low-mid 80's ( i hope) so im hell confused.

The subjects i did anyway were:
English Stand
Business
Modern Hist
textiles/design
art
man i hate to be the bearer of bad news but your not gona get a very good mark.....all the subjects you do mean the highest you can hope for is 96.....hope you get it!@

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Well if you do badly scaled subjects it is very hard to get a
UAI >96.

Unless of course you get first or close to that in the state in all those badly scaled subjects. Even still if you look at the statistics for IPT last year (badly scaled) the top scaled mark was about 92.With other subjects such as 4 unit maths its easier to get a higher scaled mark because the people who do the course tend to do better in all the courses that they undertake.

For me I found IPT really hard compared to all my other subjects because it was so ambiguous. Add to that the people who do it are usually lower candidture students who don't do well on average in all there subjects.

My point is that the subjects you choose already have a bearing on the type and range of UAI marks you can get, even before you under take the HSC course.

I agree scaling changes every year but generally there is a trend for each subject

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
you're right, it's not a hard cap though, which is what super mod implied.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)