Who actually used a case study in 28/29? (1 Viewer)

thestu

I used a case study - News Corp. But I only made 5-6 para's reference to it. Shit happens. That entire section was about 8 pages for me. I was overall pretty happy with the paper.

macca

didnt your teacher tell you about using the case study in the last section of the paper before the exam ???

ive got the paper in front of me this is what it says: In fine print highlights the marking criteria. In your answer you will be assesed on how well you:
-use your knowledege and relevant business case studies
-communicate using relevant business terminology and concepts
-present a logical,well structured answer to the question

Then the actual questoin said Q29
Outline the reasons why businesses expamd globally,and critically analyse the political,social/cultural and managment issues that arise with a global workforce

Ok if you had any knowledge you would have logically based you answer and measured the reasons method and drivers of globalistaions relating to a case study of a business that you have studied

So i dont see the problem why any one would not relate it to a case study. although the question wasnt greatly composed.

But still wrote 10 pages on Rip Curl ;)

Global trends are in the syllabus although i was really pissed of about them financila ratios i spent 2 hours on it on wed nite and there were only like 2 in the multiple choice wat a waste of time and i left out that ethnocentric staffing bit and hardly done anything on employment relations so i get ripped in those two questions

philbert_frog

Originally posted by chanfky
global trends IS in the syllabus
it's the first dot point in globalisation that says "Nature and trends"
Umm...yeah it is, but not gloabl trends in ER....thats just some made up term.

Yeah, the case study was in the rubric, so you had to mention that, as I am soooo glad I did.

The exam on the whole was not representative of the whole syllabus - too much ER, not really enough Fin.

Also, did anyone else mention the problems with operations in the compulsory extended response - cuz fin and mktg ethical issues were such a minor detial compared to the fact that, hey, the business manufactures DIRTY AND POLLUTING equipment! No amount of mktg or ethics is going to fix that!

Pete

I admit the question was a bit poorly worded.. but if you read the rhubric, it said

- use your knowledge and relevant business case study/studies...

thestu

Originally posted by dado006
Global trends are in the syllabus although i was really pissed of about them financila ratios i spent 2 hours on it on wed nite and there were only like 2 in the multiple choice wat a waste of time and i left out that ethnocentric staffing bit and hardly done anything on employment relations so i get ripped in those two questions
Ouch dude. I spent 5 mins on it and thought I was ABSOLUTElY FUCKED for that section. Boy was I cheering all the way home!

And natstar, I thought the case study had to be a Global business started in Australia?? That's what I was told.

lisa

Originally posted by thestu

Ouch dude. I spent 5 mins on it and thought I was ABSOLUTElY FUCKED for that section. Boy was I cheering all the way home!

And natstar, I thought the case study had to be a Global business started in Australia?? That's what I was told.
hi.. if u've seen the standards pkgs for biz stud, the person who got band 5/6 did KFC. another person did Toyota. KFC and Toyota are definitely not Australian, they're American and Japanese.

so, I don't think it's an AUstralian biz u needed to talk about, just a global one..

orcaswizard

I can not believe how many people do NOT read the instructions. Th BOS have done that to see how many people do or not. People complaing will get nowhere........it iwas not at all in fineprint, although I nearly got caught out until i figured it was stupid not using a case study.....READ THE INSTRUCTIONS PEOPLE!!!!!!!;)

Christine

beige member
HSC
my teacher has stressed all year that global business MUST have a case study so i used westfields and i related it to a hypothetical business in the q. with social/ cultural influences one.

Chrissy

Chrissy
HSC
Our teacher wrote us his own casestudy for MLC and brought one from Tim Riley on QANTAS so it wasnt as if i didnt know you had to use one. however i did find it difficult to use on as a whole so i used QANTAS as my basis and mentioned Maccas and KFC as well as a few others.

JeffyboyJJ

HSC
I agree with p00_p00 RE: 24/10/2002 04:59
I have looked at the rubric for question 28/29 and it says " use your knowledge and relevant business case study/studies "

It also says in HSC topic 5 of the syllabus under students learn to:
Use existing business case studies to investigate and communicate ideas and issues related to global business.

After analysing this information given by the BOS I believe they wanted us to learn of a global business and integrate it into our knowledge of business. Also from this info I can see that it is okay to use a global business which is not australian eg sony, microsoft etc. Also I believe that it was important to make references to a business you have studied in your essay.
Luckily I used Westfield (which was given to be by my teacher),Sony and any other relevant businesses. Well that is all I have to say and this is just my opinion with use of some evidence so you are more then welcome to agree or disagree :D

"Only effort earns success"

sexualchocolate

HSC Examiners comment

Marker's comments,

talking to a HSC marker he said that both essay questions caused immense debate amongst markers, but they had come to a conclusion that for Q29 the only difference between a person who put a global case study and one who didn't would be for example a high band 6(19-20) or a low band 6(17-18). And as for the first essay question, markers themselves did not know what the question was asking. Nevertheless the verdict was that the overall the first essay was done very poorly, however one shouldn't go past that if every went bad in one particular section it is likely to be subject to 'scaling' even though the BOS has said they don't-WHO R THEY KIDDING'. anyway hope this helped. Marker's comments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)