Which to pick? (1 Viewer)

klh

HSC
ok...ive just recently found out that i cant do an accounting sub major or that only 3 units from the sub major will gain credit for an MPA plus my degree is doe snot complement accounting at all.
On offer are majors that will complement my management degree and they are:
Marketing
Operations and Logistics Management
Human Resource Management
International Management
Tourism and Hospitality Management

I need some opinions on those who do any subjects in any of these fields and whether they may help obatain a job.
My degree, as ive found out, was aimed more at those who already have jobs or degrees and need to leanr about managing business, which i don't fulfill. :(
Im going to find out more info myself, but if you have any opinions or info about these field, let me know.
Also, what do you guys think about pursuing accounting? after doing an MPA (Masters in Professioanl Accg), and then wither CPA/CA, that will take longer and ofcourse will it be ahrder to get an employer willing to take on an older postgrad to do CA/CPA?
Ive got alot to think about...

Thanks.

Last edited:

theone123

blue essence
HSC
do post grad studies in MCom (Acc) then do CA, which is more well known. I think Marketing is a good combination to your degree.

klh

HSC
postgrad i know of....its just im asking whether employeres will take on an older postgrad instead of a younger grad for a CA/CPA?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
id say HR or logistics more related to management than the others.

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
The most complementary and in demand majors on your list would be either mktg or hr.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think it matters really - you're still a "graduate" from a Masters degree if you apply for "graduate" positions.

klh

HSC
thanks Minai, ok ill think about postgrad afterwards...
so its mktg or hr or logistics or Int mgmt or hosp. mgmt. can anyone think of any reasons to do them? reember, something that can get a job easily and have alot of vacancies?
so far only mktg has a reason, [thanks natstar!]
but thanks all as well!

klh

HSC
sorry natstar for bugging you again..umm but could you elaborate further what else i sin marketing?
advertising, research, PR, communications, retail management, consumer research etc. i dont feel i fit into anything in that list...
Jennifer, if i could get some of your help again? what kind of stuff can i do with hr?
[btw yes ive made my decision, its either this or hospitality or hr]

thanks all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)