Which are the best first year history and politics subjects? (1 Viewer)

babylonne

HSC
I was thinking of taking ARTS1270 (Global History: the World in the Making) and ARTS1840 (Introduction to politics) for the first semester.

so_what

HSC
Well if you want to major or minor in History, you have no option but to take ARTS1270. It is compulsory and there is no other unit you can take for History.

so_what

HSC
Then my suggestion is don't do ARTS1270. Boring as anything. Did it, hated it.

babylonne

HSC
What made the subject boring for you? The course outline seemed to cover some really interesting topics. Are the assessments particularly difficult? I'd love some more information. :)

babylonne

HSC
What about Concepts of Europe - ARTS1780 or Cosmos and Culture: Science in History - ARTS1301?

so_what

HSC
What made the subject boring for you? The course outline seemed to cover some really interesting topics. Are the assessments particularly difficult? I'd love some more information. :)
No, not difficult. It was boring because it focused a lot of things like ship wrecks, and a lot of archaeological evidence. That's what the readings focused on too and it was so boring to read.
You have to do weekly writing tasks which are a pain in the ass. But they aren't hard, just time consuming for so little marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)