what was your marketing mix? (1 Viewer)

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
for my,

product. i mainly talked about how business should reach for youth market, bring out gadgety phones with mms and wap and shits like that to attract more youth.

price- i put , u know market skimming and competitive pricing.

promotion- i talked about advertising throu youth magazine or radio, special holiday resort.

place- online retailing method.

so yea what did you do?

Becc

product - talked about conducting market research into different age groups, finding out their needs, and about phone accessories.
price - was going to talk about price points, but i didn't end up mentioning anything
place- talked about online retailing also
promotion - had heaps. magazine, radio, tv, internet, newspaper.

although i didn't do them under the headings of the 4 p's, i did it in relation to the objectives i wrote up.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Product: Mkt research & segmentation (i.e. work out that market exists <25 and in individual/household mkts), branding and positioning(boring name etc), packaging (youth orientated (hot pink teeny-bopper)
Price: Competivive; undercut comp. etc. for mkt share
Promo: Pesonal Selling (not just having people come to shop, also further increae share with business orgs this way), opinion leaders (teen celeb.?), advertising, sales promos (competitions etc.)
Place: Electronic distribution channels (e-commerce), also home-delivery systems. More intensive (not just major shopping centers)

...or something like that.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
lol i sed they already had gadgety phones for the business people its directed to i suggested that they bring in more pre paid phones for people younger than 25, they also shoud sell more phone accessories lol and yeah they put an online service up and even allow order and delivery

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
umm mine mainly focused on appealing to another target market which isnt tapped into as often.. business owners
my brother was telling me about how his boss bought all their phones on some plan and they get free 5 min calls to the boss and the supplier... so they can not only work with their 25+ businesspeople market but also try and go to the business owners market.. making use of bulk buying and more features in plans to appeal to them (so bosses buy a bunch of phones for their managers and stuff.. especially contracters)
but yeh i kept the focus that it was a business phone retailer..
i kinda went off on a tangent talking about rate plans.. after writing about introducing a call cap i realised they dont actually make money from the phone calls lol oh well i got a bunch of other stuff in there so its all good
i spent like 8 pages just on marketing lol (10 pages on the rest)

lilems13

Firstly - addition of a new target market - 13-18 y.o. as well as maitainence of original market.

Price - price points, competition pricing
Product - Increase of youth orientated products
Distribution - Internet store, increased retail outlets
Promotion - advertising in youth magz etc. more personal selling and demonstrations, package deals ie. 2 for 1 handsets

JimBob

HSC
N/A
Price: Match Competitors
Product: New phones, join with Optus or Telstra or something and get some plans going
Place: Staying where they are was good, but use the website to sell as well
Promotion: TV, Internet, Radio, In Print, and, haha, get this, change their name. "Business Basic Phone Company" doesnt really attract 17 year olds...

Jiga

To me asking for marketing strategies for a retailer was a poor question. Things like Packaging etc in the marketing mix are relatively non-existant for them - y? They sell the products, not create them. So they dont package the product. In my response, for things like packaging, I just wrote the plastic bags they provide customers with for transport should have like a logo or something on them. Dont know if I was right

superbird

HSC
the retailer can inadvertedly package a product by offering warranty's and free mobile phone repairs.

nicola99

It said outline a marketing strategy so really you only had to talk about one of either product, price, promotion, or place. I didnt realise this til my teacher told me after the exam so i also wrote about all 4. oh well

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
It's ambigous, but i'd say based on the amount of content asked for in extended responses they would have preferred the entire marketing mix to be covered.

S-K

product - New phones, phone covers, ring tones all to target teens

price - Due to the strong connections the company had I wrote they could draw on that to help get the best price for their consumers.

promotion- Advertise during popular tv shows, backing a major sporting team and talked about how this worked for LG.

place - Selling over the net and selling old stock on ebay

I threw in a swot of the company(don't really needed but it helped me get my point across) and talked about how they are missing a big market share and how they could get it. This section took me like a hour and 15...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)