What subjects should I do for yr 12 ? (1 Viewer)

Tiajfe9drffdrf

HSC
Hi everyone, so I'm a yr 11 going to yr 12 in the next few days but I'm still struggling with yr 12 subject selections. For context, here is my cumulative rank for yr 11

Physic: 1/ 24
Chem: 1/ 45
Math 2U Accelerate 4/95
Math 3U 1/79
Economic: 3/16
Biology: 5/ 94

Although I'm first rank for Physic, I feel like I will do better in bio in term of my hsc marks as everyone says physics is a hard subject and my school doing so much better in bio. I'm also not sure whether i should pick up 4u math, as I feel like it's a bit too much for me. Im scare that if i pick up 4u and then somehow mess up my other subjects for the first assesment, my marks would be screwed up. Economic is the subject i pick with intention to drop it in the beginning of yr 11 but I somehow get good mark in it without trying too much+ the subject is quite interesting. Not dropping any subjects + pick up 4u and then do 14 units seem a bit dumb for me too. 😭 Can anyone give me advices on how they decide which subject to drop .

Tiajfe9drffdrf

HSC
drop bio before u die

nah jokes cant u like wait till ur first assessment and then drop the worst one
My teacher told me that but I'm scared that having too many subjects + not having enough time to study for all of them will somehow mess up my first assessment results.

carrotsss

HSC
My teacher told me that but I'm scared that having too many subjects + not having enough time to study for all of them will somehow mess up my first assessment results.
trust its rlly not that big of a difference, like there are enough hours in the day for u to balance everything if ur organised (and if ur disorganised things wont work out either way), just stick with it for a bit.

also trust me given ur rank in 3u, DO 4U. its such a fun subject, youll love it, and its nowhere near as hard as ppl make it out to be.

goodcat911

HSC
Hi everyone, so I'm a yr 11 going to yr 12 in the next few days but I'm still struggling with yr 12 subject selections. For context, here is my cumulative rank for yr 11

Math 2U Accelerate 4/95
Math 3U 1/79

Although I'm first rank for Physic, I feel like I will do better in bio in term of my hsc marks as everyone says physics is a hard subject and my school doing so much better in bio. I'm also not sure whether i should pick up 4u math, as I feel like it's a bit too much for me. Im scare that if i pick up 4u and then somehow mess up my other subjects for the first assesment, my marks would be screwed up. Economic is the subject i pick with intention to drop it in the beginning of yr 11 but I somehow get good mark in it without trying too much+ the subject is quite interesting. Not dropping any subjects + pick up 4u and then do 14 units seem a bit dumb for me too. 😭 Can anyone give me advices on how they decide which subject to drop .
these ranks are crazy wth

Tiajfe9drffdrf

HSC
trust its rlly not that big of a difference, like there are enough hours in the day for u to balance everything if ur organised (and if ur disorganised things wont work out either way), just stick with it for a bit.

also trust me given ur rank in 3u, DO 4U. its such a fun subject, youll love it, and its nowhere near as hard as ppl make it out to be.
I heard mixed opinions on 4u from seniors in my school mainly bc the teacher can't teach but I guess I will give it a try. Do you have any tips on how to self study for 4u ?

carrotsss

HSC
I heard mixed opinions on 4u from seniors in my school mainly bc the teacher can't teach but I guess I will give it a try. Do you have any tips on how to self study for 4u ?
nah dw teacher rlly doesnt matter that much for 4u

personally i self learnt it in a couple weeks by just watching mcgrathematics videos on youtube, answering the examples as i went along and then doing a few questions from the chapter review at the end of each topic, and then just doing a boat load of past trial papers when i finished. obviously speedrunning like this doesnt work for everyone but in general its quite easy to self learn using this method, and if u self learn and then consistently do papers afterwards ur pretty much guaranteed a good mark in every in-school assessment (since youve known each topic for longer than everyone) and the trials/hsc (obv since youve done so many papers)

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC

Math 2U Accelerate 4/95
Math 3U 1/79

run the asian 5 (phys, chem, 4u, eng adv) and get 99.95

dsakvyilsa

HSC
My school is quite shitty that why 😅
my entire cohort had ~30 people in TOTAL.... but anyways if you're doing well in mx1 it's definitely worth doing mx2. Your mx1 mark will then count for 2 units and mx2 is honestly pretty doable, dont be intimidated by it.

Yr12 bio is kinda painful, if the content doesn't interest you I'd defs consider dropping it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)