What if one of my sups was the same as text 3 in section I? (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
they wont know. different markers, plus thousands of student numbers. go ahead!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
No, I mean for the marker in section III. Could they think I just stole the text because of lack of sups?>

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
OoOoOooohhh.... shite... i wouldnt know! man if you had that text before the exam, that is such a huge coincidence... i wouldnt know!

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
Yeah, that happened to a mate in the trials.
I really think it would have been better if you could have tried have another one. Cause they probably will think you took it from lack of having your own.
But it is just such bad luck.
But, i guess if you had good and varied other ad mat then they would think otherwise. Heres hoping.

hatty

Banned
if u write a really good easy which demonstrates to the marker that u prepared for this text b4 the exam, then i dont see a problem

GruvisMalt

I don't think they can mark you down directly for doing it, BUT, as soon as they see you've used it they automatically think you're lazy and a sub-par student. I'm not saying you are, but thats what they'd think straight away, and i don't think its good for your markers to be thinking of you like that whilst reading your essay. Perception and subjectivity comes into EVERYTHING.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
well i didnt actually have one, it was more a hypothetical

GruvisMalt

I agree. But it's like someone with horrific spelling and punctuation - even though you can't get marked down for it (well i dont THINK you can) and it shouldn't matter if your response is good, it will still give an impression about you to the markers.

Thomas_wow

well i had the quote by moody blues "the best journey's are imagined" or whatever, but my quote didn't match the quote from the booklet ;?

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
GruvisMalt said:
horrific spelling and punctuation
You'll get marked down for that. It's not like the examiner's gonna say to "hoo hoo look at this fellow, he spelt "journeys" as "jun;z". But I understand it, so I'll give him a good mark."

Usually people who can't spell or exhibit correct literary conventions aren't mentally capable of writing good answers.

If they can't remember how to spell or use correct punctuation, there's no way they're going to remember grammar, structure, clarity, precision, or have a diverse vocabulary.

Bah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)