what do you have to get to get a uai of 90+? (1 Viewer)

persephone

HSC
i was wondering what bands people got in their subjects to get a uai of 90+. did you have to get band 6's for everything or could you get away with getting high band 5's?

cos i'm not sure now...

J-10

You can get band 6's in most subjects and then get a relatively poor mark in one subject and still get a high UAI. Have you played around with SAM?

J-10

Not nec. ,anyone with any combination of subjects has the oppurtunity to get a high UAI.

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
J-10 said:
Not nec. ,anyone with any combination of subjects has the oppurtunity to get a high UAI.
he didnt mean that u can only get a high uai with certain subjects i dont think... wat he meant was that for say general maths, standard english etc u may need band 6s to get in the 90s, but on the other hand if u do 4unit maths and 4unit english and economics and chemistry, then u may only need high band 5s... i think thats wat he meant.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
exactly.

look at his question

i was wondering what bands people got in their subjects to get a uai of 90+. did you have to get band 6's for everything or could you get away with getting high band 5's?

basically, if u tell us wat subjects u are doing, we can tell u wat bands u need. But you see it varies alot,
a band 4 in 4u maths proabaly equals a band 6 in food technology.

but if your subjects are generally good, then a band 5 in all of them will get u over 90m a band 6 in all of them would get you over 95

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
yeahyeah but still its not like its gonna vary all that much... a raw mark of 70 last year that got aligned to 80 isnt gona all of a sudden get aligned to 30 this year.... its all about estimating and approximating..

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Why would you want your raw marks anyway? They are "meaningless".

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
yeah it depends on your subjects as gordo said.

You're probably looking at... 85 per subject... with exceptions

Leasha23

Its so hard to actually say what marks you need to achieve an above 90 UAI, but these are my marks for my HSC last year

English (advanced): 90
English (extension 1): 38
Mathematics: 91
Extension Maths: 39
Chemistry: 76
Physics 72

2004 UAI: 91.5
As you can tell, even with lower marks in Chemistry and Physics in particular, you can still achieve an above 90 UAI.
Then again, I wasnt happy with my results and made the stupid decision to repeat year 12 again this year... damn courses with required UAI of 98!
So UAI is really equally dependent upon marks AND courses... for some ppl, if you got band 6 for everything, you may get UAI of only just 90, whereas for others a band 6 in everything means UAI of 99+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)