What did it mean by "with reference to"? (1 Viewer)

Bandit

One thing I wasn't too sure about was what they meant by "with reference to the information system diagram"... like, were we surposed to be all "as seen on the diagram..." ?? Or does it mean, we just take note of it, incase we weren't familiar with it. ??? This was like, the big one in all the option topics.

-Bandit

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Where does it say it?

*EDIT* Hehe, sorry.. I missed the last few words of your post :p

Last edited:

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
It just meant that when you talked about the components, you didn't just describe what they are.. you also answered in relation to the scenario.

Leap

free falling
HSC
This is starting to freak me out - all I did for that part was make lists - i.e lists of information technology the organisation in the scenario would use, lists of participants, lists of the ways the system is analysing etc
Have I just screwed this up?? :( :(

Bandit

Originally posted by Leap
This is starting to freak me out - all I did for that part was make lists - i.e lists of information technology the organisation in the scenario would use, lists of participants, lists of the ways the system is analysing etc
Have I just screwed this up?? :( :(
I don't think so, at least not much. Is anyone sure what they really wanted?

Jeo

Um those questions were huge, IT took me like almost the whole booklet to answer that question... :confused:

Bandit

Originally posted by Jeo
Um those questions were huge, IT took me like almost the whole booklet to answer that question... :confused:
I know, they were massive.. that is why i am asking... seems like a lot of work for even 6 marks IMHO. :chainsaw:

Leap

free falling
HSC
Um those questions were huge, IT took me like almost the whole booklet to answer that question...
What on earth were you writing about?
Oh crap! I just had another look at the paper - damn those BOS verbs! I certainly didn't 'describe' properly

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I don't know if I did it right, but I did things like - for the Multimedia Systems information technology - wrote things like "computer, scanner, digital image capturing software/hardware, etc."

Now that I reread the question.. I didn't describe the components, just how they related to the information system!

*Dies*

Leap

free falling
HSC
wrote things like "computer, scanner, digital image capturing software/hardware, etc Now that I reread the question.. I didn't describe the components, just how they related to the information system ."
Thats exactly what I did!
:( :(
Glad I'm not the only one though.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Bandit
Or does it mean, we just take note of it, incase we weren't familiar with it. ??? This was like, the big one in all the option topics.
It means take note of it, look at it, read the scenario and answer in terms of the scenario itself :)
Originally posted by honky tonk
It just meant that when you talked about the components, you didn't just describe what they are.. you also answered in relation to the scenario.
That is correct.
Originally posted by Jeo
Me too!

For the 6 markers, I went on for pages (2-3), didn't leave much room for anything else *raises hand and asks for more booklets*

I reckon they should just give you 20 page "slabs" of paper for every exam, if you run out, you get another 20 page slab :p

AND (my rant for today), they should be lined at 7 or 8mm, on WHITE paper. hahaha! I can't stand BOS booklets, stuffs up my legibility/writing (and neatness ;))
Originally posted by Bandit
I know, they were massive.. that is why i am asking... seems like a lot of work for even 6 marks IMHO. :chainsaw:
6 marks is 6 marks.

They were the "hardest" and most important questions in the exam.

For 3 or 4 marks in my trial, I wrote at least 2-3 pages on each question, JUST to ensure that I would get all 3 marks. Stupid move in hindsight, but with the HSC (and it's ease), I would think 2 pages if not 3 (HSC booklets) would be more appropriate for a 6 marker.

You can take up 1 whole page just writing about "Displaying" for example.

:)

Leap

free falling
HSC
Man I hope that didn't lose us the majority of the marks..
I know! Argh I feel bad now.
I blame that stupid Excel revise in a month book! I was doing practice questions from that all of last week and all they ever did was list the components, so when I saw the question I immeadiately went, "Oh wow, one of those listing questions!"
god I'm such a dumbarse.

Bandit

Originally posted by Huy

6 marks is 6 marks.
Yeah... I actually answered it with literally refering to the diagram.. hence my bitchyness at the amount of work i was thinking i had to do... over did it obvisouly... poo.... :) Oh well, better to over do it than the opposite

TheKey

HSC
in my school people were actually were drawing that diagram they had of the processes and were filling in the empty spots, eg for participants, they listed Anna...

i basically copied their list, collecting... 1 below another as they did and made points of each one, but not "descibe" just identify and related it to Annas presentation.

oh and i filled maybe 1pg for that so im dead.

they should really take notice of the size of writing, i made like 10 words a line.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
fuck i just listed :(

dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
lost a heap of marks for both multimedia and tps!!!!!!

WHY DID THEY USE THE SAME FUKIN QUESTION!!!!! made the same fukin mistake!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)