What counts more in the HSC (1 Viewer)

BobMoo

HSC
Umm as far as I know, both your school's ranking compared to other schools and the ranking you get within your school count towards the HSC in terms of assessments. But I just wanted to know which one counts more? Would it be better to go to a school that has a higher average mark but I will get a lower ranking or go to a school with a lower average mark and get a higher ranking?

sickk

HSC
i dont think it makes any difference, because at the end of the day your results are your results.
for example, if you go to a low rank school and get the top internal spot, you will get the top exam mark as 50% of your HSC mark (which will most liekley be yours, coming first and all) and your own exam mark (which is your own mark anyway)

and if you go to high ranked school with a mediocore internal rank, you will get your own exam mark, and whatever percentage of the exam pool you scored internally, (which theoretically should be about the same as your own exam mark)

this paragraph is a bit fluffy, it was hard to phrase, but at the end of the day, your marks are your marks

your actual school rank has NOTHING to do with anything, it just "might" help you judge abit where you are in relation to the rest of the state

Daisuke

HSC
School ranks change every year anyway. Internal ranks more important.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Internal school ranks make a direct difference on what you ultimately get; your school rank doesn't. It only showcases the calibre of the cohort that had completed the HSC in the previous year as a whole.

BobMoo

HSC
OK thnx, but what if you replace what I said about school ranking with school average. So would it be better to go to a school with a lower average and get a higher internal ranking or to a school with a higher average but aget a lower internal ranking?

Also, if you can get first in both with the same mark, would it make a difference?

jet

Banned
HSC
OK thnx, but what if you replace what I said about school ranking with school average. So would it be better to go to a school with a lower average and get a higher internal ranking or to a school with a higher average but aget a lower internal ranking?

Also, if you can get first in both with the same mark, would it make a difference?
It wouldn't really make a difference, assuming you also come first in the external exam out of all the people in your school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)