Was anyone invited to do that 60 hour course in Sydney? (1 Viewer)

juventino

Juventus For Life
HSC
Was anyone invited to do that 60 hour course in Sydney, which is being offered to year 11's ? Generaly it's a selective amount of students from New south wales who rank first or second in their school's.

I was just wondering if any of you lucky people are going?:confused:

DC10

there were 3 from out school that made it. Only 5 people applied. we have to apply by writing about our works and submitting the 'portfolio'

Although i didn't choose to apply (despite being the top 5 from the year for VA) (this is last year), what i think is that it is not only useful for your artmaking, in learning how to sketch etc., it will help you develop your work in Yr12, and if you can manage to show the HSC marker that you have the skills obtained from the national art school, you'll be marked better for that...

and also,it counts towards 1 extra unit in the HSC, and if you do good in that, you'll have a valuable unit to count on for the minimum of 10....

e.g. i done studies of religion 1 (accelerated) last year. If i have also done national art school (extra 1 unit), then i'll basically have 2 units , practically finished by end of yr11 - which is a good advantage :D - if you go on and do 4 unit maths etc. or pick up other extensions, or even drop subjects...

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
hmm, i might be wrong, but I do'nt think that you were allowed to count that 1 unit for the UAI, cos it's like a board endorsed course but not a board developed course..or th eother way around.. or something. i really am not sure.

i might be wrong though.

good luck all u guys in your artworks btw! i hope you're not too stressed ;)

( i did it last yeaR)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)