voluntourism - peru? (1 Viewer)

alainajb

HSC
hey so at the end of year 12, 2012, me and two of my friends are probably go volunteer overseas for a month, most likely in peru. we were thinking of rio de janiero but it is quite dangerous and expensive, so most likely peru. also the annoying thing is that me and one of my other friends will be 18 by then, but our other friend only 17. does anyone know of any good programs, that include people under 18? or has anyone else done anything like this? advice?

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
I would strongly recommend doing volunteer work through a program, and most programs that I know of require you to be 18+. Maybe you could wait until your friend is over 18? Most programs run throughout the year.

Have a look at something like this http://www.iep.org.au/volunteer/volunteerperu.asp
While it requires 18+, it does give an idea of the sort of things you should look at.

I know my sister volunteered for a month in Peru through PACE at Macquarie University and she loved it. If you have any questions about it, I can forward them onto her if you'd like.

Subhas Bose

Banned
HSC
the third world doesnt need your stinking aid

unless you're a urologist offering free vascetomies

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
There are so many programs offered through University. Go to uni, volunteer 'till your heart's content.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)