vivas (1 Viewer)

cruel intellect

HSC
Hey, so has everyone done their viva voces yet? I did mine yesterday and confounded some year 11 girls interested in doing EE2 who were watching mwahahahahaha {evil laugh}. im so glad i got it out of the way, means i can relax for a few weeks whilst drowning in other assessmenst, rather than spending all my time on lovely english.
peace...nm

boycee

HSC
viva madness

hey, yeah i did my viva at the very start of this term, also completely freaking out some yr 11's who thought we were "intelligent" - yeah right!

I'm really worried - I have so much writing left to do and it's all coming up thick and fast, so many other assessments keep getting in the way - aarrgghh! anyway, put my head down an c what we can come up with!
cyas

~boycee!~

* never underestimate the power of your actions *
** yesterday is history tomorrow mystery and today a gift **

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
I did my second viva yesterday. For some reason my school insists we do two of them. Somehow managed to crap on for over 15 min. about how wonderful my research was and how it had contributed to my *cough* excellent (nose grows several metres) major work. No year 11's to impress though. Not too many english folks from their grade.

Khypheneight

HSC
Yeah our school wants us to do two of them too. The only thing is that we haven't done one yet!!! I believe that we are far behind everyone else. What do they involve?

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
What a viva voce entails:

1.What you set out to achieve, why you chose your medium/concept/subject matter.
2. Talk about the process of your research.
3. Discuss a few of your sources in detail.
4. A sample of your work, the techniques in it and what you aimed to achieve.

You'll probably have to hand your journal in as well so your teacher(s) can check to see that you've actually done everything you said you did. They may also ask some questions if something isn't very clear.

Hope I've explained that clearly enough and happy viva voce-ing!

HSC
Here are a few questions I can remember being asked last year. Hope they help. I think the most important question you need to think about is:
How has your MW changed since you first wrote your proposal and why?

Others:
What was the link from my MW to the Advanced or Extension course?
What type of research have done, how extensive it was, how it has contributed to my MW.
How have you used your journal? How has it helped you?
How did your audience and purpose influence your MW?
What problems have you encountered? How have you dealth with them?
Who have you talked to about your MW? How have they helped you?

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
i think i sat for mine in about week 6 of last term. it seemed fairly easy because my teacher was really nice about it all, i tend to stutter when i talk about stuff like this, so she was very patient. I advise you all to look thoroughly through your journal as proof of what you're saying, but yeah, she gave me 30/30 for mine, because she really enjoyed my very off-handed sense of digression. she asked us the normal sort of questions, but threw one in saying 'do you consider yourself a crusader for your beliefs about the poetic form' which was surprising

cruel intellect

HSC
Khypheneight said:
Yeah our school wants us to do two of them too. The only thing is that we haven't done one yet!!! I believe that we are far behind everyone else. What do they involve?
I wouldnt get too worried about your Viva/s just so long as you know your mw, your purpose, audiance, research etc... I was asked:
How has your work progressed?
What research have you done and how has it influenced your mw?
What are the link/s to the Adv. and/or Ext. 1 course?
and Is there any thing you'd like to add? < that was when i mentioned my audience and performed my 'Ode to the Beat' poem.

I managed to crap on for 15-20 mins, it was hard to be concise...
why do you have to do 2 Vivas? and i thought we were pretty far behind, well the orther girls in my class are, ive been going well in keeping to my time plan, doing art major now that my eng mw is mostly out of the way.
peace nm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)