Vague Task Description (need help) (1 Viewer)

S o r - P o r

HSC
An oral presentation about one human rights struggle.

I should include:
  • Identify the human rights that have been violated
  • Identify the nature and extent of violations
  • Explain the international instruments and mechanisms in place to deal with the violation
  • Analyse the effectiveness of international law in protecting human rights or rights that you have identified
  • Suggest ways in which the struggle you have chosen can be effectively dealt with in the future.
I don't understand point 2; am I supposed to talk about one event that has occurred in history or am I supposed to go, "the nature of the violation is that the person was not given a fair trial or something like that? Or should I say, he was denied the right to live and was to be executed?

BTW. I chose Capital Punishment for the struggle.

Please help. Thanks a bunch. C:

jeff.wong

HSC
In my opinion, nature and extent can be referred to as:
Nature: the cruel and inhumane nature of punishment [fair trial is different to capital punishment I guess just focus on the punishment part if you are doing capital punishment as your struggle]
Extent: use a bit of statistics and
-name how many people are killed each year from capital punishment
-how many country still have these punishment
-the different forms of it [gun, hanging etc]

"am I supposed to talk about one event that has occurred in history", as to that maybe you can mention the recent cases [i.e. Van Tuong Nguyen or the Bali bombers] You can link theses to non-legal remedies where Non-gov organisation/advocates protested against the hangings. And then you can along these lines ,"he was denied the right to live and was to be executed?" refer to conventions [e.g. UDHR].

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)