UTS - A Quick Guide (1 Viewer)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Welcome!

For those of you who may be considering the University of Technology Sydney, or for those of you who are already there but need a refresher, here are some helpful links from the University website to help you navigate through your university life.

The UTS Website
The best place to start in terms of looking at degrees/units of study and all other academically related pieces of information.

The Activate UTS Website
The Union is intended to provide and support services and entertainment within the university for students. This includes but is not limited to: recreational clubs & societies, a gym, a store, and more.

The UTS Student's Association Website
The Student Association is intended to represent and advocate student rights and equality at university. They also provide services such as peer tutoring, societies, free food an incredible student magazine and loads more! They also provide the more serious stuff too- like a Student Legal Service, Health Service and counselling.

The UTS Library
The Library website is an excellent source of information in all kinds of forms. You can also peruse the catalogue from home to see what you may borrow from the library. There is also a database of other journal articles and comments from around the world. The library also has an online platform called Lynda, where you can learn about excel, how to reference and how to smash your assignments like a pro. You'll need to be a UTS student to access this database of course.

UTS Careers
UTS Careers is one of the most exciting things about UTS. Whether you want a part time job while you study, an internship or work experience, they’ve got you covered. They also have a rate my resume option and also allow you to come in and practice interviews!

UTS Handbook
Don’t know what to study next sem or wondering what you might be studying at uni? The UTS handbook has everything regarding academic work for your course. I recommend using it to compare the subjects you may be able to get credit for if you’re transferring from other degrees to UTS.

Campus Maps
Lost? Don't know where you're going for that next tute/lecture/exam? Take a look at the Campus Maps.

Directions to UTS
Not exactly sure how to get to uni? Here are some directions.

One Stop Student Administration
This is very important for every UTS student, it is through here that you are able to:

• Update your personal details,
  • Enrol in or withdraw from subjects,
  • Check your results and
  • Apply for absence of leave.
It is here that you will also find a link to your UTS Email, which it is imperative you check at least once a week.
---------------------------------------------

Contacting UTS

General Inquiries

(02) 9514 2000

Student Info & Admin Centre:
In Australia

1300 ASK UTS (1300 275 887)

Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm

Outside Australia
+61 2 9514 1222

Faculties and Schools
Business: faculty.business@uts.edu.au
9514 3500 (undergraduate)
9514 3660 (postgraduate)

Design, Architecture and Building: dab.info@uts.edu.au
9514 8913

Adult Education: https://servicedesk.uts.edu.au
9514 3900

Teacher Education: teached.office@uts.edu.au
9514 5621

Engineering: engineering@uts.edu.au
9514 2666

Humanities and Social Sciences: hss.studentcentre@uts.edu.au
9514 2300

Information Technology: https://servicedesk.uts.edu.au
9514 1803

Law: info@law.uts.edu.au
9514 3444

Nursing, Midwifery and Health: nmh@uts.edu.au
9514 5021

Science: science@uts.edu.au
9514 1756

Institute for International Studies: iisinfo@uts.edu.au
9514 1574

---------------------------------------------

Within this forum, there are threads on the top of the listings marked as "Important", known in the internet vernacular as stickies. Here is a rundown of what you may see there:

Great places to eat and fun things to do near UTS
This is essentially thread where people can share and discuss entertaining things they've discovered on or near campus, along with cheap or high quality food venues.

Last edited by a moderator:

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Nice job Evan
just thought id give u a headsup to fix up the "list"
u just need to put [/list] at the end :)
Joe

lala2

Banned
HSC
I need to go to Business Building 5, Block C, 1-59 Quay Street, Market City for an interview on Thursday--am I correct you go to Railway Square from Central, cross the three-way junction (you know that weird junction where Broadway becomes George Street), and continue along?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
lala2 said:
I need to go to Business Building 5, Block C, 1-59 Quay Street, Market City for an interview on Thursday--am I correct you go to Railway Square from Central, cross the three-way junction (you know that weird junction where Broadway becomes George Street), and continue along?
Keep walking down quay street.

Business building block C is right in the middle of the campus.
You can see it @ this link:
http://www.uts.edu.au/about/mapsdirections/hay.html

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
lala2 said:
Is this the student marketing interview? :p i've got that on friday :)
Good luck! :D

honsaw

HSC
N/A
Do you know when you cross out to through ABC broadcasting station then walk down there is
a escalator to uts.. what building is that ??

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Do you know when you cross out to through ABC broadcasting station then walk down there is
a escalator to uts.. what building is that ??
This is like 10 months late haha but might be useful to somebody else, that would be building 6. If it's the spot im thinking of atleast - the tunnel in central station leads to around there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)