Usyd bus degrees any good? (1 Viewer)

timmii

sporadic attendee
*sigh* what an original proposition.

Basically they're pretty much as good as u can get. Question the people who say that as to *why* they're not good. I'll comment once i have some specific criticisms to direct my energies towards :p

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
When I first read the title I thought of buses.

Originally posted by coroneos
I hear that the business degrees at Usyd are not that good.

comment.
The forum isn't here to answer your commands. If you think about ASKING A QUESTION, and asking it POLITELY, we will think about giving you an answer.

coroneos

Originally posted by timmii
*sigh* what an original proposition.

Basically they're pretty much as good as u can get. Question the people who say that as to *why* they're not good. I'll comment once i have some specific criticisms to direct my energies towards :p
The lecturers are not as good as the UNSW ones?

That is the general concensus I seem to have gathered from a whole host of people of different size and colour.

timmii

sporadic attendee
lecturers tend to rotate or may lecture at various unis concurrently. Just like school teachers its not easy to comment on the state of the teaching as a whole - it's luck of the draw.

The economics faculty always has rotating, visiting teachers from overseas, which although good (they're very knowledgeable), when their english isn't, well, perfect, it can get a bit annoying :rolleyes: My one at the moment though is french, and is absolutely brilliant (and her english is fantastic as well!). Though I can no longer say macroeconomics, its more a "mac-roe- con -om -ieeeeeeee" :D

Its more important to look at content of the course, because realistically usyd and unsw have the most money to get good teaching staff, and lecture notes on the web can usually suffice in the direst of instances. Check out www.econ.usyd.edu.au to get synopses of the courses available and major programmes. I can't remember the equivalent for unsw, but i know i found it really helpful to look carefully through each of the courses to see what was offered for each (or, more accurately, to get my dad to do it for me and then explain it because i didn't understand half the jargon :shy: ) :p :rolleyes:

sif not 99

i second that, timmii she knows her stuff hehehe....anyone think ur back on the law stand again!

usyd bus deg = as good as unsw

my advice, come to usyd, get a life....

timmii

sporadic attendee
Lol! You've become my own personal cheer squad! :p Thanks mate :p ;) :D

coroneos

i just got the concensus that the USYD lecturers do not update as much and tend to blabber on about out of date economic theories.

timmii

sporadic attendee
Hmmmm i don't know. I haven't gotten that impression. All my subjs have been pretty up-to-date, but if you're not feeling comfortable with it, go to unsw. I was also unsure as i had the feeling unsw would be more "modern" than usyd, but i was just relying too much on the impression from the architecture, it hasn't felt outmoded at all, but i was really uneasy for a while for fear i had made the wrong decision (i don't feel i have!)

Also consider what you want to major in - as different universities have different approaches/focuses/specialties.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)