URGENT: Love to hear ideas or suggestions... (1 Viewer)

Sammie Bee

HSC
URGENT: Plz, need new ideas and suggestions from all you brainy brains out there...

My assessment is: Select and study three texts related to physical journeys. I have to write what the texts are conveying about physical journeys, their language features, and compare them with one other text from the stimulus booklet.

The text i need help with is the movie 'Fried Green Tomatoes'. I'm having difficulty picking out the aspects that are more related to physical journeys rather than inner journeys as the movie can also be looked at as an inner journey. Most people i have talked to think it is more of an inner journey, my teacher said i should still do it but make sure to pick out the aspects specifically related to physical journeys. (Gosh, that was a long sentence, doesn't really make sense either, lol).

If there is anyone who has watched the movie or used it for one of their texts, could you please help me. I need help picking out the aspects that are related to physical journeys only.

Also, if there are any suggestions and/or ideas you have about what text in the stimulus booklet i could relate it too and the reasons why you would suggest this would be EXCELLENT!

It would also be interesting to hear what you all think as to what it conveys about physical journeys.

Any help would be appreciated. The sooner the better! It's due tomorrow. :( I always leave things till the last minute...bloody hopeless i am!!! :eek:

Thankyou so much, anyone who helps...greatly appreciated!!! :D
Love ya, Love ya, Love ya...........

Last edited:

lengstar

HSC
Try 'Life Of Pi' by Yann Martel for Physical Journey or Imaginary Journey.

Aeolior

HSC
Umm, ok. So you need to select one text from the Stimulus Booklet, and any 2 related texts of your own choosing (i.e. a movie and a novel)? right?

Or is it... 3 texts of your own choosing, and relate it to stimulis booklet?? :rolleyes:

If, its my 1st alternative. I'd highly suggest (As given before by someone else >< forgot in this same forum)

Rivers of Daydreams ---> http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/02/06/1075854053902.html?oneclick=true

Together with the Town where time Stands still. In which you talk about all the postive aspects of a physical journey, and the 'good' results of it.

Or, if you want to focus on the physical journey idea of "The journey, not the arrival, matters" u can use my feature article text Off the Rail --> http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/02/20/1077072830147.html :)

Good luck, hope it somehow helps. If you provide me with some further information on your question, and perhaps some themes/issues you want to discuss about, reply here, and I'll gladly help you expand on it ^^

Sammie Bee

HSC
Hey, don't have time to say everything i wanted to say, write to you later, but THANKYOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH...you were a great help, so kind, thankyou, youll get a huge e-mail soon saying thankyou about 100 times...take care.....thankyou, thankyou, thankyou...

Aeolior

HSC
^^ Always feel happy to help friendly people like you.

Hope your assessment task goes well.. Good luck and take care..

Off to sleep for me >< its like midnight.. now.. ack.. and still got enx essay to do >< sobs..

Neways, have a great night..Im sure you'll do the assessment task to the highest standard.

Cheers

Aeo

Sammie Bee

HSC
Ohhh, maybe i have time to say a lil more...lol you sound really really nice! Offering your feature article...offering to help me expand on themes/issues...it's not very often you meet kind people who are willing to take their time to help someone else out, thankyou very much. I really hope you achieve everything you want to ahcieve in life and enjoy every minute of it...you sound like your the sort of person who would deserve it!!! Hope to talk again soon....

Aeolior

HSC
;) Naw, I just like helping people. You're really nice yourself.. very polite..punctililious..

Anyway, just had some other thoughts, you can also use the Town where time Stands still with a documentary "The Journey to Australia" which was on SBS again, some while ago.. really detailed on how miners moved around Australia in search of gold, but mind you, its really really long.. like 3 parts.. so..not sure if you can. :wave:

Oh well, take good care.. gluck.... if your Assessment task is today.. XD mine is on next Monday. You too ^^ hope you can also really achieve what your dream of.. believe in.. life. :p I'm sure you'll also follow the same physical journey I partake, but perhaps arrive at a different mental, or spiritual destination. :rolleyes:

In short, Good luck

Cheers,

Aeo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)