UNSW vs MQ for actuarial (1 Viewer)

potpal

HSC
So I'm considering the Bachelor of Actuarial Studies and I wonder what's different in the 2 unis for the degree? Like which uni is generally considered amongst employers to be better and is more beneficial for getting grad roles? Which uni has better vibes, etc.

Thanks in advance!

carrotsss

HSC
Thanks for the reply! Is it possible if you can link it here cuz I can't seem to find it 😭
idk what thread but in general search “actuarial” from his username in the search bar, he’s sent a ton of useful information over the years

Also another thing to consider, if you get a 98 ATAR at Macquarie you’ll get a $5k/year scholarship and if you get a 99 ATAR you’ll get $10k/year

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
So I'm considering the Bachelor of Actuarial Studies and I wonder what's different in the 2 unis for the degree? Like which uni is generally considered amongst employers to be better and is more beneficial for getting grad roles? Which uni has better vibes, etc.

Thanks in advance!
As mentioned above MQ gives you a scholarship for 98+ ATAR which is pretty good. Actuarial at both unis is pretty equal and doesn't really affect your job prospects as you need to go through the same exams/pathway to become a qualified actuary anyway.

MQ cohort is smaller but I also liked that because the actuarial society events had a lot less people so you would get more pizza and you'd know a lot of people going to the events. If you like the bigger cohort UNSW's one is like 2-3x bigger I think.

I personally went with MQ just because the commute is a lot easier + a scholarship, and that actuarial at MQ is pretty well regarded. Over the past few years they've upgraded the campus heavily so I think it looks quite nice now as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)