UNSW Bachelor of Media or USYD Bachelor of Arts? (1 Viewer)

Phiklip

HSC
I'm interested in journalism (particularily print journalism) or public relations.
My ATAR is 88.85 so i can get into both USYD Bachelor of Arts and UNSW Bachelor of Media (Comm. and journalism).
I was just wondering which one was better??
I know Usyd is traditionally better for arts and my teacher suggested usyd but the unsw seems more specific for journalism so i'm not sure.
So yeah, any advice possible would really help.</SPAN>

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
I'm interested in journalism (particularily print journalism) or public relations.
My ATAR is 88.85 so i can get into both USYD Bachelor of Arts and UNSW Bachelor of Media (Comm. and journalism).
I was just wondering which one was better??
I know Usyd is traditionally better for arts and my teacher suggested usyd but the unsw seems more specific for journalism so i'm not sure.
So yeah, any advice possible would really help.</SPAN>
If you want a career in journalism, I would specifically choose relevant communications/media programs from UNSW. Arts at USyd might be a higher quality program in terms of staffing and facilities, but it won't make you competitive when you are job searching, and it doesn't provide the core media/communications courses that are available through UNSW.

Phiklip

HSC
Thanks for the advice. I ended having to use bonus points and i took unsw's b.media offer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)