UNSW and EAS (1 Viewer)

dwk72

HSC
Got an ATAR of 95.10....what's my best option?
1. Is there any chance of me being competitive having UNSW combined law as a first preference? I applied for extreme hardship and my application is eligible if that makes any difference....
2. Transfer from B Comm
3. Transfer from UTS Law combined

Cheers

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Got an ATAR of 95.10....what's my best option?
1. Is there any chance of me being competitive having UNSW combined law as a first preference? I applied for extreme hardship and my application is eligible if that makes any difference....
2. Transfer from B Comm
3. Transfer from UTS Law combined

Cheers
I am going to be honest and say that your chances of getting into UNSW Law will be very low even with EAS. The lowest ATAR I know that got in with EAS was about 97.10. In some years it might be lower but it has generally been around the 97 mark. Unfortunately EAS doesn't give you as many "bonus" ATAR for UNSW Law as say Elite Athletes.

In relation to transfer options. UNSW guarantees 100 internal transfer. This is assessed purely on your university results (WAM). The usual mark you need is 75 WAM. This is usually performing within the top 20-30% of your cohort. If you are confident in achieving this then you can try this route. External transfer from UTS Law will be harder as it considers both ATAR and WAM. With your ATAR, you will need around an 80+ WAM to be competitive for a spot. Having said that, if you do Law at UTS, you are guaranteed to be doing Law if transfer does not work. UTS Law is quite good too. Obviously it is not as prestigious as UNSW & USYD but UTS has produced many successful graduates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)