University Offer Rounds? (1 Viewer)

Rico8888

HSC
Hi, I am quite confused on the whole university offer rounds system. I currently have an early offer from UTS to study engineering, but I want to aim to go to USYD, but I am unsure about the higher ATAR requirements. ATARs are released on 15th December, but when do the actual offers from universities come out? And I plan on leaving UTS as my first preference and USYD as my second just in case I don't get as high as an ATAR, will I not receive an offer from USYD if UTS gives me one even if I get a high enough ATAR to go USYD?

Thanks,

Nedom

HSC
Hi, I am quite confused on the whole university offer rounds system. I currently have an early offer from UTS to study engineering, but I want to aim to go to USYD, but I am unsure about the higher ATAR requirements. ATARs are released on 15th December, but when do the actual offers from universities come out? And I plan on leaving UTS as my first preference and USYD as my second just in case I don't get as high as an ATAR, will I not receive an offer from USYD if UTS gives me one even if I get a high enough ATAR to go USYD?

Thanks,
You can check 'UAC Key Dates' which will show you a calendar for some information about the open and end dates for applying to different offer rounds etc. If you want to get into USYD in Dec R2, you will have to place it as your top preference, as you will only get an offer for your highest eligible preference, i.e. if you didn't get a high enough ATAR for USYD, you will still get an offer for your next most eligible preference (e.g. UTS if it was 2nd preference, assuming you got a high enough ATAR).

The thing is, you should've accepted your early entry (don't enroll, as that means you are locking it in, just accept), and you can wait till Dec R2 for the ATAR release to get a chance at USYD. You just have to meet the 69/70 ATAR requirement to turn your conditional into an unconditional, if you end up not getting a high enough ATAR for USYD, you will need to place it as 1st preference to officially accept the offer (something like this, reread the email you received to fact check this). You will have time to change your preferences until midnight on the 16th (0000 17th Dec), which gives you approximately 2 days to change your preferences, as the ATAR releases on the 15th of Dec.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)