University of wollongong (1 Viewer)

templar8882001

HSC
Would any recommend people to study Commence(finance) in University of Wollongong? It is easy to enrol and easy to pass the degree. what about doing finance in UNSW. it is easy to enrol and the difficulty of the workload ?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
UNSW's Commerce programs are generally more highly regarded.

UNSW's enrolment system is all online. No rocking up to uni or long lines. Just have to be there with a fast internet connection and it's all done from the comfort of wherever you wish to enrol - which was the train ride home a few weeks ago for me.

And if you're Finance minded, you'll be fine. Finance is finance anyway - you'll pretty much learn the same stuff.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Yeah, UNSW has the esteem but it's probably not any better. I'm at Wollongong for Commerce, because it was the only place I could do my particular double. As far as I'm aware, Wollongong has the better application and practical component of the two, but UNSW's theory is very strong.

Enrolment shouldn't factor into your decision, but if it does, UOW is pretty simple. Tutorial enrolment is a mad rush at almost every uni.

templar8882001

HSC
When is mid year enrolment closing date for 2012 UNSW and Uni of wollongong ?

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Honestly the university closer to home would be better.

templar8882001

HSC
It easy to find a job if have a degree like commerce(finance) and what type of jobs or positions can you do with such degree ?

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
I can't comment on the Commerce degree specifically, however overall UoW is great but I chose it purely for location. I think going to what a lot of people would view as 'less prestigious' and not having to commute very far would be a lot better and easier to deal with.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
It easy to find a job if have a degree like commerce(finance) and what type of jobs or positions can you do with such degree ?
Depends on what position you're after. If you want a front-office job, you have to do pretty damn well or be highly networked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)