University of Queensland (1 Viewer)

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
Anyone by chance doing/plan to do "Batchelor of Applied Science: Animal Studies"?

I am tossing up wether to do Wildlife Biology or Veterinary Technology in this course...
I wanna become a vet, but after I've learnt more sciences - in particular Chemistry, Bio (which are appart of the course so it's all good) and Physics (which isn't)

Anyone out there who's doing this course wanna fill me in? like is it worth it, good for someone who wants to do Vet Science afterwards.. etc....

:chainsaw:

Oh yeah, anyone post anything about this UNI, I'm not trying to limit it to just animal stuff...

sif not 99

was up there for the australian intervarsity debating championships and their main quad is impressive LOTS of sandstone around, if you like that thing, but its too clean!!!!

The ambience of the place is quite nice, a bit of a UNSW/USYD/MAC hybrid but it worked......

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
The Easters comp? I was there for that too... :p Adjudicating, though.

UQ really is a hybrid. Puurrrtty.

sif not 99

yeah for easters, australian intervarsity debating championship is its official name - sounds better for the CV =)

fricken NSW at Hillcrest getting yum cha and throwing crap in the pool and gettin USYD into trouble...like we did anything....

how funny was mac ppl sleeping on the floor over at the summit

did u NSW guys have enough beds, we were the first to arrive so we pinched the one remaining spare so none of us had to share doubles or anything.

just for the record the tourny was mad but what did u think of the dessert? they make such a big deal about such a non-event of a bridge!

how boring was the final, all the speakers apart from the third from ANU all have charisma bypassess....especially the U SA team

Last edited:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by sif not 99
fricken NSW at Hillcrest getting yum cha and throwing crap in the pool and gettin USYD into trouble...like we did anything....
hahahaha! that was funny. :D there were rumours about USYD creating a revenge plan, which involved stealing all of UNSW's breakfast cereals etc - fortunately it never eventuated :p

rofl it would have really sucked to have been with the Mac group; we had enough beds insofar as everyone had a place to sleep, but it involved sharing doubles. friend of mine got stuck with a particularly annoying fellow... poor guy.

And yeah, the bridge-dessert was so anti-climactic... after about two minutes half of our contingent wandered off to find a restaurant. :cool::D The club was a bit overrated as well.. so few people dancing.. only redeeming quality was the two-for-one spirits deal. :gridnod:

'twas fun, would've been cool if there had been more 'intervarsity' debacles outside of the tournament itself though. ;)

sif not 99

yeah with all of the sexual harrassment briefings that we had that was bound to squash any potential fun we could have had - hey how did u hear about the breakfast stealing thing? we only thought of that after they put out the 8 generic brands below weat bix stuff out that they wanted to last for all of the time we were there.....

although ppl from our contingent did get evicted, didnt see any1 from new south gettin booted out lol =) that was a mad night tho

did u get a warning letter like all of the usyd contingent did?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by sif not 99
did u get a warning letter like all of the usyd contingent did?
rofl - yeah, one for every room in our contingent. we left them all outside their office just before leaving :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)