Unit 4 Mathematics Books in the 1970s-1980s (1 Viewer)

ivanradoszyce

HSC
Hi all,

I really 'enjoy' (if that's the right word) analyzing the Mathematics syllabi of Unit 3/4 mathematics of the 1970s/1980s.

I was wondering what text books were using for unit 3/4 during this period. I know in Victoria, at year 12 level, Fitzpatrick & Gailbraith used Purer and Applied Mathematics. .Great books for maths nuts

If anyone has PDFs or a link were one can obtain these NSW year 12 Mathematics books, it would de greatly appreciated.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Some are listed at http://4unitmaths.com/texts.pdf

Coroneos and Lynch, Mulhall and Smith-White as well as the Lush and Smith books for Level 1

These were superseded by Coroneos’s watered down 4 unit book in 1981 and his 4 unit supplement

3 unit was originally called Level 2F. Coroneos and Lush and Smith had books for that too.

If you want to go back further there is the Coroneos and Moalem for the leaving certificate

ebooks for the 1981 coroneos books are available as well as the year 12 (or what was then called form 6) level 1

but I don’t think the form 5 level 1 or leaving certificate books are available as ebooks

Last edited:

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
So these are available as ebooks:

coroneos 3u.png
coroneos 4u.png
coroneos, lynch form 6.png
these are not as far as I can tell:
no ebook.png
nor are the Lush and Smith, nor Mulhall and Smith-White, again as far as I can tell.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
There are other old ebooks available too, but some came out in the 1990's

Fitzpatrick 3u and 4u (old syllabus)

Arnold and Arnold 4u

Patel

Old editions of Terry Lee

Jones and Couchman 3 unit

like this:

old ebooks.png

Last edited:

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Here's a bit of maths trivia.

Do you recognise this guy from the ABC?

tony jones.jpeg
Tony Jones.

Well the Jones in the Jones and Couchman 3 unit books was his father! (Stanley Bruce Jones)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)