Uni v Apprenticeships (1 Viewer)

HSC
I've looked at your site and there's limited information there for information about the actual apprenticeships that you help students get.

I'm in the process of completing my UAC prefs and was seriously considering going into a trade like my dad and become an electrician (he's smiling now).

Was wondering what your thoughts are regarding the pros and cons of Uni vs a trade.

GTA

Event Sponsor
HSC
N/A
Uni vs Apprenticeships

It doesn't have to be one or the other - they can combine well by starting through the apprenticeship system and continuing on at Uni once you are employed. There is the advantage of then being able to implement what you are learning immediately in the workplace.

The best place for info on apprenticeships is the government site www.newapprenticeships.gov.au - Group Training Organisations can help you find the best apprenticeship position and support you along the way.

If you are interested in "hands on" rather than theory then apprenticeships could be a good way to go. :)

snowchick

Is it common for people to study for a trade and study at uni at the same time ?

Thanks

GTA

Event Sponsor
HSC
N/A
Its not common to do a trade and uni at the same time but it is common to move from starting uni (finding out it is a bit too theoretical) and so changing to a trade to do something more practical.

It is also common to complete a trade and want to further your qualifications by then going on to Uni - often this is part-time and can even be sponsored by work so that saves you money!

I think it depends on the individual as to what works best - whatever you find most motivating is the best place to start and you never know where you could end up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)