Uni Choices (1 Viewer)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
When choosing what university courses you might like to do, how many do we have to choose? I was told 9, but there is no way i'll be able to do that. Is this true?

is a roflcopter
HSC
its up to 9

have you got your PIN number yet?
whrere do you get them?

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Do you mean because 9 is not enough, or 9 is too many?
Because you don't have to use all 9...you could only put in a couple I you like.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
9 is too many. But if that's the case, then 9 is fine.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
isn't your pin your b'day? thats what it said in the UAC book.. if your b'day is 19 October, then your pin is 1910 - the first 4 digits of of b'day.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by White Rabbit
isn't your pin your b'day? thats what it said in the UAC book.. if your b'day is 19 October, then your pin is 1910 - the first 4 digits of of b'day.
Thats not for year 12 students, I think thats for mature age students or something.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Clearing up some points:

- Your PIN is only your b'day if you are not currently in year 12 (otherwise it would be stupid). It will be sent later, around trial time I think ...

- There are up to 9 choices, but you only need to make 1 if you want to (but I recommend always having a low UAI backup)

Last edited:

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
do u pick ur choices after or before u get ur uai?
You pick them before, but you can make changes after (I found it quite funny that there was a link from the results page to the course preferences page ...)

Twintip

So in other words "here's your shit UAI, now go and lower those preferences"? :D

Funny how they anticipate that sort of reaction. It's because they're eeevil and they know it.:chainsaw:

Last edited:

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by stinger
if you apply for the same course at different unis (i.e med), does that take up more than one of your nine slots?
Yes, each course would still take up a slot each.

stellar

If my first preference was denied... would that lower my chances of getting into my second preference? For example, my first two preferences could be:

1. B Commerce - USyd
2. B Commerce - UNSW

Assuming the USyd course has a higher UAI cut-off... would students who have chosen B Commerce at UNSW as their FIRST preference have a higher chance of making it into the course than I would? Assuming me and the other student have the same UAI.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
No, so long as your UAI is high enough, you would have an equal shot as those who had it as their first preference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)