Under Word Limit (1 Viewer)

porcelaine

HSC
If your Major Work is resolved, do you think it really matters if your major work is under the word limit? My work, for example is about 2 000 words, and most of my poems are haiku etc so they aren't very lon individually.

Thanks!
Good Luck to everyone else.

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
My mw ended up being about 2800, a fair bit below the word limit so ive always said that its ok to be below the word limit (I still got 50/50). However i'd be careful being a clear 1500 words below the limit as you seem to be, because you arent really showing that you can sustain a work even to an approximation of the word limit. Im not a fan of people putting in padding to lengthen their work but i'd say that if you're that far below the word limit you can probably deepen, extend or develop your work a fair bit further than you have done.

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
I wouldn't be too worried about a 2000 word major as long as the quality of the poems is very high. 2000 words worth of haiku is a huge effort anyway. I planned to do that and gave up after i realised the sheer number of them i'd need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)