Uncertainty Principle (1 Viewer)

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
This is a something from Q2Q, for those of you who are doing it or did it, I can't find something concerning Heisenberg and his principle. I found what classical physics thought, but what makes the quantum mechanics different to classical physics which is shown by the principle? All i got was an example of an electron and photon in the txtbook, but I don't understand what they are saying.

Thanks,
Chand

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
it basically says that you cant determine both the momentum and the position of a partical accurately.

eg. to find the position of electrons in an atom, u must bombard it with high energy EMR. in doing so the electron changes its position as it moves to a higher energy level 2 accomadate the absorbed energy.

hence there will always b uncertainty incolved in working with quantum models

the implication of this is that one can only work out the probability of the position of particles at the quantum level, and this is a central idea behind quantum mechanics

inasero

Reborn
HSC
u also should mention john that heisenbergs undertainty principle is further theoretical evidence for the DeBroglie theory of matter WAVES since this theory talks about the probabilities of electrons being in a particular location at any given time~

Affinity

HSC
the uncertainty principle only says certain pairs of measurements can never be precise

mathematically for any measurements:

p*q>h/4PI

E*T>h/4PI

where p, q, E,T are the uncertainties in momentum, position, energy, time.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
the uncertainty principe has been REMOVED from tghe syllabus...yoiu DONT need to know it...chill out guys

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
really? didnt relise that....my teachers weird:chainsaw:, then why the hell r we supposed to learn it..argghh

Akira_Tikira

IT IS STILL IN THE SYLLABUSE
ANYONE DOING QUANTA TO QUARK must KNOW IT.

IT IS UNDER, HOW CONTRIBUTION OF HEINSENBERG TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF ATOMIC THEORY

MUST KNOW IT.......INASERO....WHAT PHYSICS SYLLABUSE ARE YOU REFERRING TO....

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
whoops...i just checked and it is...to be exact, this is the dot pnt

*gather, process, analyse and present
information and use available
evidence to assess the contributions
made by Heisenberg and Pauli to the
development of atomic theory

its under big idea 2, last dot pnt in the students column

thanks akira

inasero

Reborn
HSC
woah thats weeeird....my teacher said that the uincertainty principle and the exclusion priciple were NOT in it? Huh? Maybe he is trying to sabotage me :(

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
mayb he meant not directly...like u dun have to know it by heart bc its a dot point, but in order to talk abt what contricutions they both made, its to do with their principles....i dunno...mayb u teacher is meaning to sabotage u :chainsaw:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)