UMAT courses: how to choose? (1 Viewer)

latent

HSC
Hey guys, I'm gonna be doing the UMAT this year and was just looking at all the UMAT prep courses out there. I'm relatively new to this, so I was wondering if anyone knew how I should go about choosing one of the courses out there. What criteria should I be using to evaluate the merit of each course? What good (and bad) things should I be looking out for?

Essentially: What should a UMAT course be able to offer? i.e. what would the ideal UMAT prep course be able to offer?

ATAR_boy

HSC
Hey guys, I'm gonna be doing the UMAT this year and was just looking at all the UMAT prep courses out there. I'm relatively new to this, so I was wondering if anyone knew how I should go about choosing one of the courses out there. What criteria should I be using to evaluate the merit of each course? What good (and bad) things should I be looking out for?

Essentially: What should a UMAT course be able to offer? i.e. what would the ideal UMAT prep course be able to offer?
UMAT Courses - UMAT Practice - UMAT Training, look through Forums, but do not go to NIE, its useless. The best by-far is MedEntry, its worth the money.

latent

HSC
Yeah but why is Medentry so good? Surely there are some areas (e.g. giving the theory behind the sections) where other UMAT places do better than Medentry.

pjiggy

HSC
the two-day medentry course was not very helpful ( for me at least ) but what's good about it is the huge amount of resources they give you on the internet,like they give u this login to the medentry site and there are heaps and heaps of drills,practice umat exams and stuff.Even though u aren't supposed to study for umat cos its testing ur "natural ability" doing those tests repetitively really helps.
face2face tends to be a bit too easy.
medentry tests are quite hard,well harder than the actual umat.esp section1

Jack009

HSC
Medentry really helps in section 3 because of the large amounts of questions they provide online. More than half of the money you pay for the medentry course is actually for the resources online.

I do not really believe you can practise for section 2. The Medentry questions for section 2 is VERY similar to the questions from the actual Umat.

Section 1 I believe doing sample papers is especially useful. Normally you run out of time in section 1, so doing sample sections allows you to get used to the format, so you can better manage your time in actual exam.

Together

HSC
UMAT Courses - UMAT Practice - UMAT Training, look through Forums, but do not go to NIE, its useless. The best by-far is MedEntry, its worth the money.
I was just wondering if there is some way of comparing the 3 umat courses.
The ones that i am aware of are NIE, MedEntry and Face2Face. I prefer programs that sent books on each section but the only one that is available is NIE. I was aware of AMEPP that did this but its not operating anymore. I was just wondering if someone could tell me a 4th alternative and why NIE is looked down upon or is inferior to the online courses. Would really appreciate it because the online ones arent really the best because of my internet limitations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)