Umat 2003??? (1 Viewer)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
Originally posted by d00d
omg i just read that the form is machine readable that means i have to get a hard copy off acer.

now i tried to make a phone call but their number starts with +613 or something and it doesn't work when i punch it in. if i just ignore the prefix and start calling 9...... it says i have reached a mailbox that is full.... what do i do? i'm in sydney btw

hey y don't u register online???

D

d00d

i'm not a big fan of internet shopping/registering etc. so i do it the traditional way :cool:

kini mini

HSC
FWIW I hear the prep courses were useful for the touchy-feely emotional response section :)

D

d00d

Is there a particular prep course you recommend? the 3 i'm looking at are dallas, nie and amepp.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
Originally posted by d00d
Is there a particular prep course you recommend? the 3 i'm looking at are dallas, nie and amepp.

i have heard nie is gud

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Originally posted by kini mini
FWIW I hear the prep courses were useful for the touchy-feely emotional response section :)
haha, that's funny, cause I did my prep course for that, and section II was the one I blacked out in in the actual test.

But then again...maybe it was because I had laryngitis the weekend the course was on, and spent most of the talk about section II asleep on the desk, unable to breathe or speak.

Twintip

I'm not doing a prep course.

I'm not sure what exactly we have to send into them to register. I have that machine-readable form, which is just 1 A4 sheet of paper. Is there anything else?

Type II spatial is going to fuck me up! :mad1:

pranks85

Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y
why go to prep courses? its an aptitude test. like i said b4

but if ur really serious about getting into med u mght wanna.. but i don't c the point.. if u can't get in without prep.. then ur not really the type of "health profesional" as the info book puts it
Thank you! Someone gets it!!! My parents are trying to convince me to go to prep classes, and I've been trying to tell them that, but they don't get it.

N

ND

Has anyone paid online yet? If so, how long was it before you received the invoice in your email? The reason i ask is because i payed today, and haven't received anything yet. I'm concerned that i may have screwed it, because when the processing screen came up (which said not to move the mouse or run other programs), i used my browser, and lost the window. So i don't know if my payment went through or not.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Is it possible to download the form from the net to send in by snail mail (I have to send money order + I'm a health care card holder) -- or do I have to phone the office and get it sent out?? Is there a ACER office in Sydney I can go to?? Thanks.

highlilshit

my tutor who is doing medicine now last year bought or sent out for like the practice papers that UMAT has the shapes and all that
it was kinda fun looking for shapes. i dont thikn any of the prep courses are worth it, just get the practice papers and shit and do heaps and heaps

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by White Rabbit
Is it possible to download the form from the net to send in by snail mail (I have to send money order + I'm a health care card holder) -- or do I have to phone the office and get it sent out?? Is there a ACER office in Sydney I can go to?? Thanks.
Before I tell you my story, I'll answer your questions.

Is it possible to download the machine-readable form off the internet and send it in by mail? No.

You'll have to phone or email the office in Victoria and ask them to send you the UMAT info book (or download the pdf) and the machine readable application form.

I don't believe there is a Sydney office, sorry, only Victoria.

I'll use this post to whinge about my situation.
1. Entries close Friday 13th June, 5pm.
2. I registered online, I paid the $120 online, and I am good to go, correct? Not quite.

I have a health care card which entitles me to pay the concessional rate of $30, instead of the $120. I basically lost $90! Again, I must reiterate that the closing date is tomorrow, 5pm. What choice did I have if I wanted to sit the UMAT this year?

Another point, the 'administrative fee' for refunds costs $25. I could have had my UMAT fee refunded, although I would have to pay a further $25 for that 'service'. So I registered online, the day before applications closed, and all is well.

It was only after I submitted the online form that I read about the $90 discount (concessional rate). You're supposed to send in a photocopy of your health care card and ask for a hardcopy of the application to be sent to your home, wait a while, send in the form, send in the money order for $30 and you're good to go.

However, for late applicants, there is the $50 late fee. I was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

On the one hand I had paid my $120, and I have received my confirmation email, receipt of payment and so on. And on the other hand, I lost $90 because I didn't send in the form via snail mail. Should I pay the $25 fee to get a full $120 refund? Should I wait a while until they send me the application form? If I wait for the application form, I would have to pay the late fee of $50.

A) $120 fee, no strings attached.
B) Full refund, wait for the form, photocopy my health care card, send in a money order for $30 (UMAT fee), send in the $50 (late fee).

I am such an ignoramus for not registering earlier, and/or requesting that they send me the application form via mail so I could get my reduction. I am NOT paying for the late fee, or the administrative 'refund' fee, or waiting on any mail. So I stuck with option A one day before registrations closed.

:(

Last edited:

Huy

HSC
N/A
Adding insult to injury,

I emailed ACER about the 'downloadable' forms and why they couldn't include a 'send-in' application form to be sent via mail as well, and also asking about my refund, and what my options were if I wanted to sit for the UMAT without having to pay the late fee.

What happened?
The senior officer at ACER in charge of UMAT gave me a personal phone call from interstate!

I was gobsmacked over the phone,
The moral of the story? Don't leave UMAT rego's until the last minute :)

I am an eeediot! (Ren from 'The Ren & Stimpy Show') :p

N

ND

Originally posted by highlilshit
my tutor who is doing medicine now last year bought or sent out for like the practice papers that UMAT has the shapes and all that
it was kinda fun looking for shapes. i dont thikn any of the prep courses are worth it, just get the practice papers and shit and do heaps and heaps
Where can you get those from? I was gonna get a prep course pretty much only for the practice papers, although this seems like a better option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)