UAI / UNI TIP Request (1 Viewer)

JRasnier

Im doing the following subjects

English Standard
Maths General
Senior Science
Software Design And Development
Information Process And Technology

and wanting to get a uai, enough to get into Information Technology, but from all sources ive seen and all the different universities i would need a uai of like 90+....any tips on how i can achieve it with my given subjects???

Also, im doing two course at Tafe

Network Management Certificate 4 which i finish end of school year

Cisco CCNA, which i finish end of next year.

im wanting to get accepted simply with my uai, im even applying to scholarships from University of Technology, which is my first preference which i am disering to get into, and will somehow get there, 2nd choice is UWS....

but people are telling meeh i wont be able to make it to a uai of 90+, im trying not to get my hopes down, but i cant help but worry, what tips could u give???

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Are you trying for the BIT at UTS? Last year I think the cutoff was about 94.5. It is hard with your given subjects but not impossible. Also with that scholarship, and interview is required if you make the cut IIRC.

JRasnier

Yeah the course is the BIT one, i researched all about the course, so i know all about the interview and stuff, just the only thing im worrying about is the uai.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
I guess they will give the scholarship to the highest UAI combined with best impression at interview etc, so if your not that good at interviews, you better get a good UAI :)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
have u thought about the BSc(IT)/Dip IT Prof.Prac @ UTS?
thats pretty similar, but only is 85.xx

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
lol, yeah I was gonna say that, cept ppl would b like "huh?"
many pplz off here do that course

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
jus wondering, how badly does english drag u down if u fail it miserably?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
if u fail it, u dont get your HSC and u are ineligible for a UAI...thats how bad it drags u down

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by tonberry_kun
well shit, i'm dead :(
but like...ur not gonna fail it...unless u simply dont write anything in ur exam booklet

JRasnier

the course BIT at uts, does not allowed internal or external transfers correct? man really want to go there....i talk about it every minute of everyday even in my sleep, ive been dreaming about it

JRasnier

tonberry_kun u have to remember the english hsc isnt all based on essays and on what u studied, maybe majority is, but u have to remember there is also gonna be comprehension, and things u have to write about like a cartoon strip as such...so u really cant tell how u gonna do until u actually do the hsc, trials and past papers will give u an understanding how its gonna be structured, but does not tell how easy its gonna be or not be, this years could be quite easy compared to last years, or harder, and u have to remember that you might be good at one aspect of what u studied and bad in others, just like everyone else...

HSC
hey JR!
i wanna do BIT at UTS as well!
id just like to advise you to apply for BIT at UNSW as well!
they are pretty similar but it is 4 years! its a little more laid back (thats what i reckon newayz)

ummm..these are the subs i do:
English Standard
Ext-1 Mathematics
Economics
IPT
Legal Studies

i dont know if i can get the required UAI atm but all i can do is do my best! which i wanna tell you to do! i dont think you should worry too much about NOT making this course! remember only like 30-odd places are offered every year and its really competitive!

I always thought they selected students b4 the UAI is even released! coz when you apply they look at your questionnaire, your results from Trials, etc and your school recommendation(they ask your school whether or not its likely youll get a 90+ UAI)
correct me if im wrong! i got no idea!
>.<

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)