typo?? (1 Viewer)

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
umm, a high IQ doesn't mean you'll make it to Ruse, or that all the people at Ruse have extremely high IQ's (above 140, man, your dreaming, the average there is below 130, for sure). A high IQ won't get you high UAI by itself. The hsc doesn't test how smart you are, it tests how much you have learnt over the year. Your not good at maths? Don't do maths, you can still get 100 uai. Its knowledge.

And an IQ of 150 is wwaayyyy above average. I think IQ tests on the net should not be trusted, i've managed to obtain 151 on several. www.iqtest.com is one site, and you'll get an IQ way above your real one.

And people, Ruse is a school of humans. Calm down, they aren't all nerds, and the ones who aren't may be smart. My friend is just talented in english and arts. She isn't anywhere near as good in maths. We all are good at something.

god, i'm tired. Im drifting, and i don't even know what i tried to say just then. :eek:

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
umph. What can a guy say to that?

I think i see why everyone calls you arrogant. :-\

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
lol, fair enough. But still, your indirectly insulting the rest of us. kind of. I think

bah, stuff you. You have the right to be arrogant.

AGB

HSC
Originally posted by GuardiaN
You have the right to be arrogant.
yeah im starting to agree....ive just been reading his solutions to some questions tonight

i wish i could do that :(

AK Gumbi

Not a M-O-Derator
HSC
I always wondered how results can be 'gay'? Surely a couple of numbers can't be homosexual...

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
im averaging about 150 with all the IQ tests... but it was learnt i tell you... no one is borned smart.

you can be born smarter relative to others but you will never be smart enough to score anything in the IQ tests if you don't learn it by putting the time into it... some people does it and they don't know it so they think they are naturally smart. ;)

im thinking of doing some postgrad research into this natural smartness theory... if i get the chance. :D

edit: and hsc is not an indication of smartness in terms of IQ... there is proly one subject which is partly related to it which is math.... the rest is just 90% rote learning and some elementary understanding. so you must try hard.
however high ur iq is it doesnt actually mean u can apply that knowledge in academic areas..iq's test skills..like visual perceptual etc etc...i think part 3 in the umat is more like an iq test for that reason but i mean...who really goes looking for shapes in everything they see?(im jus generalising here) (but dude congratumalations on a 150 iq!!!!)

ooo fact!! if u go on holiday for 2 weeks and dont learn anything new or refresh anything in your memory ur iq drops by about 5-10 pts (until u return home and make up for it). most pple at a selective school have an iq of over 125 but it doesnt necessarily mean they'll apply themselves to acheive an xcellnt uai.

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by fashionista
however high ur iq is it doesnt actually mean u can apply that knowledge in academic areas..iq's test skills..like visual perceptual etc etc...i think part 3 in the umat is more like an iq test for that reason but i mean...who really goes looking for shapes in everything they see?(im jus generalising here) (but dude congratumalations on a 150 iq!!!!)

ooo fact!! if u go on holiday for 2 weeks and dont learn anything new or refresh anything in your memory ur iq drops by about 5-10 pts (until u return home and make up for it). most pple at a selective school have an iq of over 125 but it doesnt necessarily mean they'll apply themselves to acheive an xcellnt uai.
yea i know, thats why its learnt... all im saying is that the selective school kids were the ones who tried hard in primary school, thus it will be more likely for them to also try hard in the hsc compared to the average population. simple as that... nothing to do with IQ... they may have high IQs but its learnt because they studied more.

are you going for med fashionista? you sound smart :)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Or they may just have better learning capability due to some weird genetic thing. They wont necessairly try harder, I know plenty of people that try harder than me and I cane them.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
yea i know, thats why its learnt... all im saying is that the selective school kids were the ones who tried hard in primary school, thus it will be more likely for them to also try hard in the hsc compared to the average population. simple as that... nothing to do with IQ... they may have high IQs but its learnt because they studied more.

are you going for med fashionista? you sound smart :)
wow fanx!!! YUPPPP!!!! but im not sure if ill get in to unsw or newcastle uni...meh theres back doors
YAY FOR BACKDOORS!!!!

yay i got 10/13 in a 4u quizzie thing...only cuz i didn get time to finish tha las question :(:(

jessum

HSC
dude ur a knob fashionista :p lol
and not all the students at selective schools were the ones who tried hard in primary school. i for one didnt do shit all at all until year 11, and then i still didnt do much.
and i dont think IQ's can be learnt. id say the reason for it dropping whilst on holidays is just the fact that ur not using ur brain and u go into relax mode.
and also the online iq tests are complete bullshit, the only way to accurately find out ur IQ is to get it done by someone qualified.
meh

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
Although the abilities\skills that intelligence tests measure are, to a certain extent, learnt such as vocab. and maths skill (by practising them obviously:p ) they have higher, not lower genetic correlates as we age. From about 0.4-.0.6 as young'uns to >0.8 when we are adults - this means that although IQ tests measure what environment we have been in as well as in born talents, this environment is changed by us to suit our genetic make-up i.e our genotype influences our phenotype.
This could explain why some extraordinarily bright kids become above average adolescents and possibly even mediocre adults - Yr 7 Ruse kids may be prodigious but that certainly doesn't guarantee similar reults throughout their school life - although in most cases it does :mad: . Academic excellence only has a 0.5 correlate with IQ so for a high UAI environment (e.g. ambition, parental expectations, study friendly home - books aplenty etc.) will be far more important - don't let your lack of natural ability hold you back - just study excessively - and don't expect natural ability to carry you through - some uber-smart students get average marks if they bludge and the rest of the state work their asses off.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)