• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Tutoring Ms Diab (1 Viewer)

JordaneVG

HSC
N/A
Hi guys, I was wondering if Ms Diab is a good tutor to go to for year 12 English? and also if you guys have been to Ms Diab before can you tell me how she teaches? :) and wheter there are any flaws.

dp624

HSC
she's pretty good as a teacher, but with anyone, there are some flaws. e.g.
large classes
sidetracked somewhat easily
doesn't set homework often

etc
good teacher as a whole though i suppose

asymptotic

HSC
she talks heaps about her personal life during class hahah

but yeah she knows her stuff, ok i guess. There are better places out there. I prefer small classes

inconnuBubble

HSC
side tracks A LOT.
But her stories are funny..but irrelevent..
She's ok sometimes but sometimes its a waste of time. Like previously mentioned, there are better out there..

studentcheese

HSC
Yes she's good. She teaches you exam skills in class too, so that you are well prepared for tests. She may get sidetracked but some of her stories are related to the work! She just attempts to make class more interesting. If you are getting tutored by her, then you are really lucky. However, she does take a long time to return work but her feedback is really helpful so it's worth the wait :D

astroe

HSC
I've been in one of her classes before.

Although she does give us an insight into her personal life, it's all just to make the class more fun - but if it gets out of control she knows where to draw the line.
Some lessons it's all work and there isn't even one opportunity to speak to the person next to you. :haha:

Diab likes, no LOVES, to stick to the rubric, something that no-other teacher I've encountered has done - in the sense that we analyse the rubric and learn to pick out how portions of exam question relates to it.

She's had to reduce and combine her classes because of the stress it puts on her (she's pregnant, haha), so I don't think theres any room left in the class as it stands.
I personally think she's one of the best English tutors you could have, but then again, thats just me.

Make your own choice and just be sure you feel comfortable about it. :)

Last edited:

inconnuBubble

HSC
Yes she's good. She teaches you exam skills in class too, so that you are well prepared for tests. She may get sidetracked but some of her stories are related to the work! She just attempts to make class more interesting. If you are getting tutored by her, then you are really lucky. However, she does take a long time to return work but her feedback is really helpful so it's worth the wait :D
Maybe I should've stayed longer, the whole time I had her, she never returned any work. She always said something like she was busy with HSC students..marking blah blah. But if she's so busy, why be a tutor.

books4me

HSC
My brother waS in her class last year and I am in her year 11 class this year. Thanks to her, he ranked 1st at his school last year in Advanced English. My marks have improved heaps.

Yeah, she tells us heaps of stories bUT they are all in context. It's because English is such a conceptual subject and she just tries to make it more real.

The marking gets back to us pretty quickly, but she has 2 markers now so that's probably why. The best thing is that she's one of the only English tutors I know who will actually mark your school work for you. If you bring an essay to class she goes through it comprehensively.

She may not be perfect BUT she's the best English tutor I know of!

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I heard she teaches somewhere in Yagoona, little road/marion street? Is this true? Can anyone confirm this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)