tutorials.. ? (1 Viewer)

5c

HSC
do we have tutorials for arts? im gonna be doing chinese studies.. i've onli got ONE lecture perweek on my timetable.. does that sound right? and how do i allocate tutorials for chinese studies?

5c

HSC
ahhhh icic.. but for chinese studies -- do u know if it is onli ONe lecture per week?

s2ophie

HSC
chances are that the one one hour lecture is the cultural component of the course. Then you will have the other 4 hours as language classes/seminars. You should go to the language website and it should tell you how it is structured

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
5 hours a week! Damn. I never did any first year subjects with more than 3.

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
Asquithian said:
Tutorials in arts are done the old fashioned way. In your first lecture you will fill out a preference form for tuts. Tuts are then pinned on the course director's door.
ah good so it's not first come first serve?

s2ophie

HSC
Kazuya said:
ah good so it's not first come first serve?
for some subjects it is. eg i did spanish1001 and you had to turn up to the seminar class you wanted. If like many ppl you didn't know that classes for spanish started in the 1st week (most arts subjects start in the 2nd week) you could easily miss the class you wanted.

Other classes submit forms but you won't always get the preference you put first

jawjayo

vast and green
HSC
so if the tutorials are compulsory, what happens if u can only do one of the available slabs of tuts up for grabs (eg. for chinese the choice is A1 or A2 so say u could only do a1 coz a2 clashed with another subs classes)? do they accomodate for that if its first in first served?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)