• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Tutorial questions (1 Viewer)

bernicechan89

HSC
Hey all! Got 2 questions need tackling and I need some tips on it(better if someone knows the answers:) ). It just some tutorial work teacher give us to prepare us for the external exams. Below are 2 questions I need help with:

1. Evaluate the impact of one human activity on the interactions of organisms with their environment in the search for measures to treat and manage human diseases.

2. During your topic, you performed a first hand investigation to gather information about microbes in food or water.
a) Explain the procedure you followed.
b) Identify two safety procedures you needed to follow during this investigation.

Thanks in advance for those who decided to help me. Cheers~~

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I don't know what question 1 is trying to ask. What exactly is "human activity on the interactions of organisms with their environment"?

Question 2 is simple. Did you do a prac on testing for the growth of bacteria and/or fungi in food and water? You inoculate water/bread or whatever food on a nutrient agar plate and allow the plate to be incubated over several days, then observe for growth.

B) Lab coat and gloves.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
bernicechan89 said:
Hey all! Got 2 questions need tackling and I need some tips on it(better if someone knows the answers:) ). It just some tutorial work teacher give us to prepare us for the external exams. Below are 2 questions I need help with:

1. Evaluate the impact of one human activity on the interactions of organisms with their environment in the search for measures to treat and manage human diseases.

2. During your topic, you performed a first hand investigation to gather information about microbes in food or water.
a) Explain the procedure you followed.
b) Identify two safety procedures you needed to follow during this investigation.

Thanks in advance for those who decided to help me. Cheers~~
Humans have established security systems between interstates whereby quarantine measures take place. Certain organisatiosn, dunno what you call them, do checkups where they check cars travelling between states for fruit, to prevent fruit flies from spreading to otehr states adn so by keeping these fruitflies restricted to one area, it prevents the spread of diseases, hence managing human diseases.

yeah my answers a bit brief, but are you asking what human activities are being done to treat and manage disesases, with reference to controlling animals?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Your answers seems only cover a bit of the question. I'm not sure about the treatment part though.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Maybe question 1 is talking about clinical trials of pharmaceuticals on infectious diseases?

Interaction between organisms are controlled so that the effectiveness of drug in trial maybe assessed.

And the manage and treatment of disease just follows from that on.

I don't like the question either.

@survivor: What's gloves? oO :p

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
^^^ hmmm if what you say is true, about question one...thats a pretty detailed question?

the disposal of agar plates after the experiment, helped to reduce the risk of transferring bacteria, whcih could cause harm to students??

or cautiously handling water to prevent spills from occurring and therefore accidents and slips?

bernicechan89

HSC
Thanks for attempting on the question. My teacher just gave the answers. But I don't understand what she gives though,lol. Too brief....For the 1st question, she say just write about vaccination/quarantine/water treatment.....these sorta stuff. That's all she say. Nobody dare to ask for further explanation.....So after reading this, got anybody have any idea on why we should write like this?:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)