Trial (1 Viewer)

Matt

When is everyone doing there trials and which exam, the catholic or independent paper?

Coffee_Fan

Wait for the dark
G'day Matt

we have our trial next thursday, the catholic paper, not looking forward to it!! Which economic activity are u doing?? we're doing tourism

seeya

p.s. do u know the best way to attack the skills section???

melissella

well im doing aquaculture and its like wahahaaa i cant find any information on it. :( i am also really bad at skills. help me??

gonzalina

i think we did the indipendant paper...

but that ws last monday, and ive had a lot of other things to 'learn' since then. hehehe, if u doing one with the broadsheet on new zealand- then uve done the same one as me!

i did SO bad in my exam though...

gonzalina

ummm, im not sure, ecosystems was, but i had no clue what the urban places question was even asking of me, something about the relationship between cities and the growth of urban centres or something, and the dependence between the two. people places and ecconomic activites wasnt bad, but i got up to that at like quater past twoish, and i had the worst headache, and couldnt think clearly. i am SO glad that i dont have any exams on the same day in the HSC. i was just ready to walk out of geog. after 4nad a half hours of sitting on my arse in a hall writing, do u blame me? i think i wrote about 23 pages that day (thats including the english exam that morning) so what was a good question will be an incoherent jumble of words!

gonzalina

oops, i thought u asked if they were easy...im going BLIND!!

ecosystems:identify an ecosystem that could be at risk on sourceQ(??) and state what management strategies can be implimented, compare this with an ecosystem and the effectiveness of its management practices (or something along the lines of that)

i think i told to urban places...

economic activity: something to do with ummm. i cant really remember exactly what it was, i think it was pretty general, i know i thought it was similar to our halfyearly question on it...future trends(plus a whole bunch of stuff i cant remember) of an economic activity on a global scale.

JUST DONT FORGET TO ANSWER THE QUESTION. cause i wrote a really good extended response for our first assessment tak in term 4, but i only got 6 and a half, whereas other 8 ppl in my class got between 8 and 9.5 because i completely ignored the word 'evaluate'. besides that it was really good! i still think i lost too many marks for that factor...

Fry

hey, just to clear things up, does every school get the same trial paper for geo? cos if this is true then i can cheat! my geo exam is on friday and we're doing the independant paper. please tell me this is true because i havent studied and geo is the only subject i dont take seriously.

Matt- are u the dude that kindly donated ur notes on this site? well if u are then ur a lifesaver!!! ur excellent mate, i find it really hard to read from the text book because they talk technical and i cant understand a word theyre saying and ur notes make it seem so much simpler. i was summarising some today from ecosystems at risk and it took me ages but then i came online and someone already done it for me!! the christine girl's notes are not that good because its in point form and too brief. urs is a lot better.

gonzalina - the same thing happened to me in the half yearly, i thought my essay was quite good (very well written, that is) but i got an extremely low mark. i didnt even answer the question cos back then i didnt know what 'evaluate' meant. now i know it means u have to say whether its effective, successful or useful. also, back then i didnt know what a 'syllabus' was and the work was totally irrelevent. now i know that u have to always follow the syllabus for every subject. its amazing how dumb i was just a few months ago! if only someone told me earlier i would've gotten better marks.

melissella

u shouldnt tell people the questions!! then they will do better!!

my school did another trial- one with a cairns broadsheet- and guess what, one of the essay questions was the exact same question as what we did for our last in-class essay assessment. excellllent

Matt

Who cares if they do better. If they don't go to your school who cares. It's not about the mark anyway its about the school ranking. We're all suppose to help each other out.

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
Originally posted by Matt
Who cares if they do better. If they don't go to your school who cares. It's not about the mark anyway its about the school ranking. We're all suppose to help each other out.
exactly! :D

so some1 help me... i need help on everything abt geog! :p :p
hmm.. i hate da short answers da most.. :rolleyes:

well......whats da best way to study fo geog?

melissella

why u shouldnt tell people the essay questions

yeah but its supposed to be like the real hsc- u r just disadvantaging them cos they arent studying everything, they r studying what will be in the questions u tell them. so when they get to the real hsc they wont know what its like to study everything before it. plus its cheating and dishonest. PLUS it counts a lot towards the internal assessment mark which will count to the final hsc mark so people WILL be disadvantaged because other people cheated and got marks they didnt deserve. this is a great site and its fine to give notes and everything, you can still help people, but telling people the questions is totally wrong.

Matt

hey for the independent trial did u have to do longitude/latitude, population density, photographic skills etc. And please tell me you didn't have to use the 2001 HSC Stimulus Booklet on New Zealand. And does anyone remember what the essay questions were?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)