trial questions?! (1 Viewer)

emptypockets

HSC
Since Pompeii and Herculaneum (oh how i loathe you both) is only 1 year old and we only have access to the 2006 HSC paper could someone please post questions from last years catholic trial or independant trial or even internal trial. it could perhaps offer some insight into the kind of questions to expect.

thanks

princesskt

HSC
ohhhh id to see those questions too... im fully stressing over this topic.. well subject actually lol...

lixt07

HSC
They're source analysis, so it's a little hard for them to be posted, but from what i can remember, this year's CSSA trials questions;

a) there was a short exerpt talking about Pompeii's crops, answers could be gleaned from that
i) What was Pompeii's main export? (1 mark)
ii)Name two deities mentioned in the exerpt (2 marks)
iii) was a picture of the courtyard of the house of Telephus, describe the main features of Pompeiian houses (5 marks)

b) was.. argh, can't remember b)

c) was an arial shot of the Pompeiian forum, 10 marks, describe pompeiian leisure activities referring to the source (10 marks)

hope that helps :)

x-ribbon

HSC
If that was the questions for this years trial, i would have failed, i know nothing of those things. My trial is tomorrow. i have to get studying =/

atreus

HSC
from what ive seen in the specimen paper, half yearly, trial and hsc 06, there are trends.
*the first 6 or 7 marks are source based questions, with 1 or 2 mark questions. they come from the first parts of the syllabus, e.g. what date was the eruption?

Specimen
- excerpt from pliny with questions:
a) what position did pliny the elder hold? (1)
b) list 2 features of the eruption as described by pliny. (2)

source: picture of street with question: describe the mainf eatures of a street in herculaneum. (4)

Half yearly
a) list 2 geographical features (2)
b) other questions relating to source that u had to get fromt he source (strabo)

Trial
Pliny extract with questions:
a) list 3 features of the eruption (3)
b) list 4 ways people reacted in pompeii (4)

*Then theres a section worth about 8 or 9 marks and its on the biggest section of the syllabus (middle section). it's source based as well. e.g.

Specimen
using sources (lares and an altar) interpret what these reveal about religious practices in pompeii and herc.

Half-yearly
using sources (thermopolium and boathouses) interpret what these reveal about the economy, etc.

Trial
using sources (map of forum and photo of macellum/marketplace) interpret what these reveal about the importance and role of forum in public life.

*the final question is a 10-marker, and it comes fromt he last part of the syllabus. e.g.
Specimen
using sources (plaster casts) evaluate the methods of investigation of ancient ctities of pompeii and herc.

Half yearly
Using sources (excerpt from conservation report and a photo of repairs on a building) discuss the issues of conservation and reconstruction at pompeii and herc.

Trial
using sources (extract about computer imaging) discuss the issues of conservation and reconstruction, including tourism's impact in relation to the sites of p and h.

HSC 06
source was lady of oplontis being x-rayed and question was about new methods and thechnology.

its an easy section, so long as u know or have seen many of the sources, know most of the content, and know how to use the sources well in your answers.

princesskt

HSC
lixt07 said:
They're source analysis, so it's a little hard for them to be posted, but from what i can remember, this year's CSSA trials questions;

a) there was a short exerpt talking about Pompeii's crops, answers could be gleaned from that
i) What was Pompeii's main export? (1 mark)
ii)Name two deities mentioned in the exerpt (2 marks)
iii) was a picture of the courtyard of the house of Telephus, describe the main features of Pompeiian houses (5 marks)

b) was.. argh, can't remember b)

c) was an arial shot of the Pompeiian forum, 10 marks, describe pompeiian leisure activities referring to the source (10 marks)

hope that helps :)
Whoa, we didnt do CSSA, we did independant but our questions were nearly the same. is this the case with the trials? lol..

iishjoo

HSC
i was told my school did the CSSA but we got completely different questions (for what you just said) for P&H.

i was talking to a friend from another school and she seems to have gotten questions like you though.

anyways, from what i remember, my questions were along the lines of
i) a question using source from Pliny the Younger extract , ii)describing the features of a lararium (not going to forget it since i screwed that question up) and iii) the last response on ethics about studying and displaying human remains.

alfonso22

HSC
yeah my questions were on that those aswell....

we also had social structure....

i did the CSSA trial paper..all up i thought it was a fair paper

M3E3L3

HSC
yeah we just did our trial on monday our last question for pomp & herc was about conservation and reconstruction and our teacher thinks thats what will be one of our questions in our hsc this year

lixt07

HSC
princesskt said:
Whoa, we didnt do CSSA, we did independant but our questions were nearly the same. is this the case with the trials? lol..
haha yeah, sorry, i didn't realise that we had done independant, my teacher had told us that we were going to do the CSSA paper, but switched it at the last minute.

fishy89sg

HSC
lixt07 said:
haha yeah, sorry, i didn't realise that we had done independant, my teacher had told us that we were going to do the CSSA paper, but switched it at the last minute.
lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)