transferring unis (1 Viewer)

toisthbe

Evil Member
i'm in highschool..

wats all this about transferring courses or transferring unis..

is it that common? or is it like only those wif distinction averages?

transfering courses? can u go from bacholor of commerce/economics to bacholor of business? or something?

is it rare or common? is it al about marks, all do u hav to pay extra extra to transfer?

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
is all about marks

credit or pass average i think to transfer, and is common to transfer

and why would someone want to move from a double major which requires higher uai in the first place to a single major degree? :rolleyes:

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
for uws you have a above credit average you can transfer to any course but other uni's i think it be much harder

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Transferring depends on your UAI and your uni marks
Say if u wanted to transfer to Law at UNSW with a UAI of 90..u'd need basically a High Distinction average...but if u had a UAI of like 98...u'd only need a Distinction

toisthbe

Evil Member
oki, if i wanna do bachelor of business, which is like 93.25 at UTS....

wat other course should i do if my uai doesn't get it, and i dont get the course...and i really wana do this course too..

fillstar

HSC
i think you should do a combined:

b.science/b.bus
b.engineering/b.bus

or single degrees like:

b.mathematics and finance
or even b.bus at kuring-gai (if u dont mind the travelling)

the reason why these course is that you learn common business subjects related to the b.bus degree you want so that when apply for transfer, you'll have already completed some business subjects and therefore not deal with them again! their UAI cut off are also considerably lower...

just make sure u can attain credit avg. later to transfer!

good luck

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Dont look past the "mature age student" thing

for instance i know a couple of friends of mine that entered higher uai subjects with the mature age exemption

mature age is when you can enter most courses if you have the motivation to study based on your marks at uni or your work experience at uts for instance it is 20+ years old

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
ok so if i wanted to transfer to communications at UTS, which is like a high 90's uai i think, would i be able to with a 94 uai and distinction average

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by um..
ok so if i wanted to transfer to communications at UTS, which is like a high 90's uai i think, would i be able to with a 94 uai and distinction average
i think the answer is:

for sure :eek:

fillstar

HSC
you can prolly even transfer with a credit avg. if your uai is close to the cut-off req.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't, however, assume u'll get in with a 'watever' average
because this all depends again on demand...if a lot of students want to transfer to a particular course, the cutoff will rise, ie, if 10 places are available, and each of those 10 ppl had a UAI of 99 and HD average...well then..:(
Nevertheless, if those 10 ppl each had a UAI of 70 and a Pass average, then u'd be sweet with anything above that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)