Transfer (1 Viewer)

L

lucky

uts allow transfer between bach. of engin. to bach. of Sc. after first year assuming performed well in bach. of engin.?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I don't quite get what you mean. Are you doing combined BEng/BSc or just one or the other? If you doing combined then yes you can easily switch between the two (as far as I know) if you change your mind (but you may lose subjects of course if not relevant in the single degree course as electives).

L

lucky

i wanna do BSc in nanotech at UTS but i cant make it coz of low UAI.... so im gonna do electrical engineering first then ask for transfer at the end of first year.

is that possible.. ?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yes. do a search for transfers in this section of the forum and in the uni general section. theres alot of this transfer business covered.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Yes you can to an internal transfer after your first year. They will look at your uni marks only (and your personal statement a little, depends on your marks) and decide if you can transfer. The higher the UAI, the harder it will be to transfer into though. If you can get a Distinction average then that would be great, but a high Credit average is good as well (especially in a course as hard as Engineering).

Are you trying to get into BSc NanoTech or BSc NanoTech Innovation? The innovation course has a much higher 2003 UAI than the normal one. I'm not sure if they accept internal transfers into innovation courses (since they prefer you to start from first year, and coz some people get the $2000 if its still around).

Last edited:

Dingo

Banned
Lucky you might not even get into B Engineering(electrical) this year. Because usyd cut 500 places so alot of people who will miss out on engineering there will end up doing it at UTS, which will sky rocket the UAI cut off to the 80s i believe
i suggest you choose the engineering from UWS penrith too as your 9th preference to act as a safety net.

peace^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)