Thesis (1 Viewer)

hmmmmmmmm

Omg i dont have thesis ahhhh wat is everyones??

its like hours to the hsc and im still cramming ahh

rob333

HSC
that journeys essentially involve obstacles of time and distance.

I dont think thesis statements are as important as in the module essays. you just have to say how and how well the journey was revealed. But it does help to have a line of arguement.

mayflower

hmm i've kinda got a few ideas about P.J's floating around in my head to adapt to the question. like they can be life changing to a certain extent or are forced upon us that kinda stuff. lol dunno if thats right oh well
my kinda basic definition of a physical journey is that it must necessarily involve a shift in states for the traveller, whether the states are physical, intellectual, social or emotional. an effective journey results in a shift in understanding made possible by adopting a new or revised point of view.
something along those lines neway.

cephren

...I agree with rob333... My understanding is that you dont NEED a thesis as such - but u should try and keep your Train Of Thought along the same line throughout your essay - this gives the marker a clear indication that you know what your doing, you know your subject matter, the relationships between texts,journeys and purpose, and you are making a serious, 'shit im gonna give this kid as many marks as possible' attempt @ the paper... relate your material to each other and/or contrast the material, make the connections obvious to the marker, reveal what and how techniques are used to represent the journey... just show that you've got a plan/structure & the rest is up 2 your own bullshitting ability... coz as we all know thats how u get marks in 'english'...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)