The Structure of Post Modernism: Ultimate Paradox (1 Viewer)

eyestodiefor

HSC
I'm trying to start my critical response for 4u - and I don't know where to start :S any idea? I know I want to look at post modernism in Luhrmans red curtain trilogy - but even thats waaay too broad. I want to look at 'structure' of post modern filmic techniques; as the themes and concepts aren't so much post modern as the medium in which theyre communicated through these films [themes of the trilogy are hugely metanarrative oriented - love, class etc]. I'm considering the title

'the structure of post modern film: ultimate paradox - analysis of Luhrmans filmography and how he achieves post modernism'

sounds a lot more solid than it is trust me; but I don't know where to start. anyone who knows anything on luhrmans trilogy - or just writing a critical response; any in put would be greatly greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
First off you don't really need a title so early, as long as you're aware of your general direction then excellent kudos to you!

I'd say choose one film from Luhrmann's red curtain trilogy in which case can i suggest Romeo+Juliet? :p If you listen to the director commentary you'll hear them comment quite a bit on the 'postmodern' film techniques. So there you go!

If you were going to do all three films, find a common thread that allows you to link one with another i.e. the props or maybe even the soundtrack.

I'm just throwing ideas around here so i'm sorry if they don't really fit with your pre-conceived ideas. I just had to reply to a post with luhrmann and pomo references :eek:

eyestodiefor

HSC
Cheers! thanks for that. I wanted to do the triology cause it's just awesome, but I'm considering just two of them - probably r&j and Moulin Rouge; strictly ballroom was a joke :p I've got the directors commentary and yeah its really usefull - just got to get pen to paper now for my proposal!

Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)