The Pope's note (1 Viewer)

Gwenavere14

HSC
Hey Guys, I recently got an assignment on the Paris Peace Conference and completly bummed in it to my dismay. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could explain the impacts that the Paple peace note had on the peace making efforts

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
the papal peace note was the basis for Wilsons 14 points towards peace which were pushed at the Paris peace conference

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
MissSavage29 said:
the papal peace note was the basis for Wilsons 14 points towards peace which were pushed at the Paris peace conference
That isn't right. Wilsons 14 points had similar principles to the Papal peace note but it was devised independently. In fact Wilson rejected the popes plan because it insisted on maintaining the status quo in terms of pre-war european borders- Wilson believed that the map had to be redrawn on the basis of independence of nationalities to avoid future wars (eg: WW1 was triggered into action with the assasination of Arch-Duke Frank Ferdinand by Serbian nationalists demanding independence from Austria-Hungary. Wilson wanted to prevent future situations of this kind by giving ethnic groups under the power of Germany and Austria-Hungary independence). For more detailed information on the Papal peace note I recommend this:

http://hsc.csu.edu.au/modern_history/core_study/ww1/papal_peace/page153.htm

I know this thread is old but it needed correcting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)