Techniques in Lost Salt Gift of Blood? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
I'm looking for techniques in MacLeod's Lost Salt Gift of Blood (the anthology, not just that short story alone, in particular the Closing Down of Summer and The Tuning of Perfection).

I have:

-lyrical prose
-imagery
-bits of Gaelic here and there

and that's about it... anyone got anything else I can add to this pitifully low list?!?!?

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
hi glitter fairy,

it's pretty sad that no-one has replied to you, considering how much help you've given others in the other threads.

with lost salt (i'm hopeless at this but i'll give it a shot) and in particular, with tuning....

i've been spending WAY too much time in 2Unit, so i see the road which he lives on as a metaphor for a journey. lol. BUT, it also mentions on page 230 about the fact that the road has "private" and "public" sections. with fear of over generalising, i see the private sections as local and the public as global. as it is a road, one must travel along it in order to read the destination, henceforth indicating that no-one can completley retreat from the global, rather, they learn to take the the best from both.

The eagles in Tuning are symbolic of family and that particular value of family. However, the eagles can also be taken as a double metaphor for Archibald and his wife. Eagles are monogamous, just as Archibald is to his wife, long after her passing, and they were on the path to building a glorious life together as the eagles build their nests together (pg 232, 236 and 243, 244)

i really hope this helps. pm me if you want anymore help... the only way to get through this bloody HSC deal is to all help each other. :)

HSC
N/A
Thank you so much! anything's good, really...

A few of my friends here at HGHS were just talking about Eng Ext 1 actually, we all just got our Half-Yearly results back... ugh, depressing...

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
yeah we get ours back on monday -- not looking forward to it, apparently no one got into an A range, we are all clumped at the 17-19 range.

plus our half yearly exam conditions were appalling. we were placed in the hall with the Japanese students. their teacher was still giving them instructions 45 minutes into the exam, they were TALKING (i couldn't believe it) amongst themselves, the teachers didn't do anything AND let them go early too, one by one so you can imagine what kind of noise they made.

apparently it will be taken into consideration in marking and/or in mark alignment if our trial marks are very different. *sigh* i hope so.

you should do fine with english extension, you have your concept down-pat. and i've seen the stuff you have written in the 2U forum, you know your stuff. :)

HSC
N/A
hahahaha no no, I'm just parrot-ing all the stuff we had to memorise in class... to tell you truth, I don't really feel like I've learnt anything at all, just that I've got heaps of 'stuff' to talk about, not that I really understand any part of it anyway... :S

But then again, who does?!?!?!?! lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)