[Teacher POV] 2023 HSC Extension 1 Solution Speedrun Send Help (1 Viewer)

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Some of their notation is wrong, like they should have arrows for vectors instead of lines.

Luukas.2

HSC
Some of their notation is wrong, like they should have arrows for vectors instead of lines.
And the start of the alternative solution should refer to the projection of OA onto OC, rather than of AC onto OC... though they do correct themselves further on.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Oh dear. I haven't had a close look at the rest of it. But if there are so many errors in just 1 question it makes me wonder what else is wrong with it. Heaven forbid if students actually lost marks due to errors in the mg.

Could we see it pulled like they did with Standard and Advanced?

Luukas.2

HSC
Oh dear. I haven't had a close look at the rest of it. But if there are so many errors in just 1 question it makes me wonder what else is wrong with it. Heaven forbid if students actually lost marks due to errors in the mg.

Could we see it pulled like they did with Standard and Advanced?
Well, look on the bright side - at least we aren't Victoria!

Though there were mistakes in the HSC Chemistry exam. No one should have been disadvantaged by accepting what the exam said, but it does have clear errors. :(

epicmaths

HSC
N/A
@tywebb do you mean pulled as in the question not considered in the marking? What was the precedent in standard and advanced?

The question is good and lends itself to quite a few different solutions. Perhaps only a small fraction of attempts will make actual progress...

Perhaps during pilot marking they end up deciding to award a whole mark for even the most trivial observation (eg p=0.95 in last year's sample proportion) just pad out the marks....Not ideal either.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
pulled as in the question not considered in the marking? What was the precedent in standard and advanced?.
No

The mgs for standard and advanced were published on the nesa website and subsequently removed. Many days later they went back up with updated versions.

It seems the ext. 1 mg could do with an update, given the errors which have so far been found.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)