Taking 1/2 year gap - where should I get job? (1 Viewer)

ffutsdoog

HSC
Hey, I've decided on taking a 1/2 year gap. That's because I realised I chose a uni course I had no interest in. I will be restarting with a new course for next year.

In the meantime I'm having trouble finding a job. II don't have any previous job experience. 've applied for places online like maccas, woolies, coles yet they don't respond. Would it be wise to just rock up at different stores and give them my resume? Or would that seem too desperate?

Also, any suggestions for what I may do with the 8 months or so I have would be appreciated. I'd like to make the most of it, but with no income, it seems pretty hopeless.

Thanks in advance.

Kiim2507

HSC
Keep applying online and you'll find something eventually. I was the same as you..straight outta school, no experience, hadn't gotten any responses and then by chance I applied online for KFC just when they were looking for people, got an interview and the job within 2 weeks of applying.

Yeah hand in your resume at stores, even if they don't have a sign up for people because you never know. Also do your RSA that way you can apply at bars, as a waiter etc. Ask around to any of your friends if were they work is looking for anyone.

Good luck

ffutsdoog

HSC
Thanks a lot guys! Got a maccas interview. obviously not something to be proud of though lol, but i'm desperate so i'll take what i can get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)