Sturts Dreaming (1 Viewer)

Funeral0fHearts

HSC
Hey, does anyone have any notes on this text?

I have to answer this question: What changes are evident and how does Lungdgren share his view of these changes with the reader?

I can see that there is a change in perspective.. But that is all lol.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
I did that exact question, except for changing self so I'm not sure if they would be the same, so yeah, some random notes I can recall :)

For perspective, you right write how the attention is shifted from that of Sturt's to the Aborigines. You could link the two with the Aborigines "immersed in their own dreaming" and Sturt's inland seas "coolly lapping". Both the words "immersed" and "coolly" have connotations of water.

Sturt has an unability to change or adapt his mindset to his situation. This is seen when he imposes a European reading on the land with the "false trigonometry of birds". His struggles contrast with the Aborigines comfort on the harsh land.

There's umm, alliteration of the hard "p"which is used throughout the first stanza to create rhythm, evoking a sense of breathlessness and/ or further emphasise the expedition’s hardships.

, harsh sounds in "wicked gibber plains" and "rattle and jar" emphasises Sturt's struggle over the aland and maybe even a noisy passage over it.

laukai

HSC
I did that... but can't find my notes at the moment... if you email me at ttyl915@hotmail.com at around 9:15 i can probably scan and send you the notes... or just give you a few points... better the latter since you would do none of the understanding, thus go "huh? what does this mean?" during the exams...

anyhow... yeh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)